Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-27-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

7 Signins

86 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 86
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga Book battery problems?

2019-01-26, 17:00 PM

Hello

I put my Yoga Book on charge last night, or at least I thought I did, but it's dead this morning. I plugged it in again when I noticed, there's a white slow flashing light next to the port. What does that mean? I try turning it on but it's tempermental. Sometimes it does but then just dies, other times it won't. I assume it has no battery but why when I have plugged it in? I'm currently plugging it into my laptop to see if that works. I bought this off someone and I don't think the charger I have is the original one. Is it supposed to have a Lenovo brand battery charger? The one I have is JBL or something? Where can I get a replacement Lenovo charger? I don't know whic one it is on the Lenovo website. I found this though: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lenovo-SC-14-Mains-Wall-Charger-Cable-for-LENOVO-Yoga-Book-YB1-X90F/283204603332 is that right? 

Kind Regards

Emma

EDIT: A few minutes after I posted this, I tried turning it on again, while still charging from my laptop, and it actually came on. I managed to click on the battery icon and it showed 2% so I'm guessing it's just dead? I'm wondering whether I pushed the charger into the port enough last night? It seems to take ages to charge so I think I have a third party basic charger. Can anyone tell me if I can get a Lenovo replacement charger or a good third party one?

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Views: 9880
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga Book battery problems?

2019-01-26, 23:43 PM

The user guide is available on the support pages for the Yoga Book - it may give you other info you need.

The indicator light shows you when it's charging by blinking, and when it's done by staying lit. It also lights solid when the Yoga Book is on.

The link you include looks to be right for the Yoga Book charger (I didn't pay any attention to whether it was a source I would trust myself or not).

Other chargers (like phone or other tablet charger) may well work, but will most likely be much slower at charging - possibly very slow indeed. They may well not have enough power for the Yoga Book when it's switched on without draining the battery as well.

It is common for tablets and laptops not to boot when the battery is very low - even when external power is connected. This protects you from the situation that if the power supply is then suddenly removed while the tablet is booting or shutting down especially, but sometimes when it's just on, the abrupt loss of power without some battery power to use while it cleans up leaves system files corrupted.

The Yoga Book can be slow to shut down (watch for the power light to go off if you're on battery). If you close the lid before it's shutdown you may accidently leave it still on (in sleep or hibernation) when you think it's off. So you need to be a bit careful about that.  There may be other reasons for finding the battery drained as you described but I'm not sure about that. I've had it happen once or twice but have known or assumed it was just that I had not been careful myself about shutting down.

From what you have said I wouldn't assume there's a battery problem.

Options

5 Posts

12-27-2018

7 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-01-27, 0:03 AM

I just looked on the support pages and believe I have found the Yoga Book user guide so I'll save and look at that for future reference, thank you.

Yeah I did a bit more research and read that the little blinking white light means it's charging. I just wasn't fully sure since I was having issues with it turning on and apparently charging very slowly.

The eBay listing I gave is just some accessories account but it has good rating etc. Since I wasn't given the original charger that came with the Yoga Book I don't know what it's supposed to look like so I was hoping someone who does have / know what it looks like could confirm that it's genuine. £25 seems a bit much though?

Now that I know the reason it wouldn't turn on was because the battery was dead I feel kinda silly, but I guess the issue I was having was the poor charging which lead me to worry that the battery or Book itself was broken somehow. I also think that I may have left it on and drained the battery when I thought I shut down so I'll keep an eye on that from now on.

I just find it weird that it seems Lenovo don't sell the official charger? I mean they sell other chargers and accessories. You can buy a replacement pen and Paper Pad (which I also didn't get) but not a charger?

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Views: 9880
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-01-27, 8:21 AM

£25 - for a genuine charger seems right to me. It's expensive compared to cheap, possibly dodgy brand, chargers, but it's less than you'd have to pay for an Apple device charger or most proper laptop chargers, I think.  I doubt lenovo would have been charging less than that themselves.

I can't comment about Lenovo not having it on their own site anymore - I think you might see much the same from any other manufacturer.

(The holes in the paper pads are the same as a standard loose leaf folder in the UK so it's simple to cut any ordinary paper to fit.)

Options

4 Posts

08-13-2020

Algeria

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Yoga Book battery problems?

2020-08-13, 21:26 PM

Hey,

Since I'm facing pretty much the same problem you had I was wondering if you found any solution that u would like to share 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms