Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9890
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga Book - touchpad scrolling direction

2016-11-19, 17:02 PM

Would anyone know how to reverse the scrolling direction on the Yoga Book (Windows) touchpad?

I've searched through any settings I could find and the forum and Lenovo Support without success.

I'd be prepared to go to the registry if I knew where to look (though I feel it's a bit poor to have to do such things).

Many thanks in advance if you can help.

Answer
Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

Re: Yoga Book - touchpad scrolling direction

2016-12-26, 13:53 PM

After much trying I finally found a way of doing this.

First download the program flipwheel.exe by Jamie Pate. (Google it - you'll get a link to the github page then find the binaries link). It's only a small program.

Run the program. Ignore the three entries presented (you can try flipping these if you want but initially it messed up the touchpad function and I had to force the computer to shutdown and restart to get it back to normality).

If you don't see these don't worry. They might be hangovers from when I've attached external devices - I'm not sure.

Click on the "show all" option and move down to the bottom of the list you get. Unmark the entry shown in the screen shot below.

[oldimg]jpg[/oldimg]

I don't know what happens if you mess with the other two below - I got the result I wanted without it.

You will get a message to unplug your usb mouse and plug it in again. Ignore that but do a restart instead.

Hey presto, you should have reversed scrolling.

I think all this does is make registry changes. I had already tried doing that by hand but couldn't identify the right items. This way is probably easier and safer if you are not confident with registry settings anway.

Replies(4)
Answer
Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

2016-12-26, 13:53 PM

After much trying I finally found a way of doing this.

First download the program flipwheel.exe by Jamie Pate. (Google it - you'll get a link to the github page then find the binaries link). It's only a small program.

Run the program. Ignore the three entries presented (you can try flipping these if you want but initially it messed up the touchpad function and I had to force the computer to shutdown and restart to get it back to normality).

If you don't see these don't worry. They might be hangovers from when I've attached external devices - I'm not sure.

Click on the "show all" option and move down to the bottom of the list you get. Unmark the entry shown in the screen shot below.

I don't know what happens if you mess with the other two below - I got the result I wanted without it.

You will get a message to unplug your usb mouse and plug it in again. Ignore that but do a restart instead.

Hey presto, you should have reversed scrolling.

I think all this does is make registry changes. I had already tried doing that by hand but couldn't identify the right items. This way is probably easier and safer if you are not confident with registry settings anway.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

02-03-2017

Germany

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 3 of 5

2017-02-03, 9:47 AM

Hi thanks!

It worked for the mouse pad.

I had to uncheck more boxes since I got a slightly different arrangement.

Can we also do something for the touchscreen scrolling direction?

Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2017-02-03, 18:15 PM

Mine is working as I would want it - ie: finger scrolling I move fingers upwards (as if I was moving a piece of paper) and the place my fingers are at also moves upwards.

I can't recall what I did to get it like that. One thing I did do before using flipwheel was to look in the registry at the HID device entries and search for any that gave me parameters for scrolling. I may well have changed something there, but I reverted to using flipwheel because I was searching rather blindly among a lot of entries. I had a full system backup ready in case I screwed anything up as well as a registry backup.

This is my note of where in the registry to look:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\GDIX1001&Col02\5&1ef7d8f&0&0001\Device Parameters

but you'll need to go back to the HID level and see if there is an entry that looks likely and see if the Device Parameters folder shows likely keys (most of them don't) - change the entry value from 0 to 1 - I think, but it might be the other way round. You might be able to do it in flipwheel, but again it's the problem of identifying the right entry.

Sorry that this is so bad at helping but, like I say, I had backups and more time than sense at the time, I went though all the entries in the HID folder looking for anything that might work.

I'll have a look and see if I made a note of anything that might be more helpful but as I recall after I'd used flipwheel I found all my scrolling was as I wanted, made a backup and forgot about it.

Options

1 Posts

08-12-2020

France

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Yoga Book - touchpad scrolling direction

2020-08-12, 18:40 PM

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-Book-Windows/No-settings-for-trackpad-and-keyboard-on-Yoga-Book/m-p/3524493?page=2#3825808

and the logitiel to use reverse touchpad is : 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/yoga-book/themes/yoga-book-touch-pad-setting-application-t3569836

Check this out. I've been using it and it's really an amazing small app.

French user

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)