Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZTL
What's DOS?
Views: 480
Message 1 of 6

Yoga Book win 10 loses complete charge

Whether I shut down the Yoga Book, shut down from the start menu, it loses complete charge, and I have to plug it in in order to turn it on again.

lukas13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 363
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga Book win 10 loses complete charge

Me too, this is so annoying, I shut down properly, wait that everything is really off before closing the lid (although in the settings I've chosen to have no action when the lid is closed), the battery is fully charged, but when i pickup the YB the morning after, the battery is completely drained.

I hate this notebook, everything with it is just bullsh..., It's the worse electronic product I've ever had.

Slow like hell, very irresponsive touchpad, horrible keyboard, problems of any kind all the time.

Every time I use it i feel hate for it, a wish to throw it in the fire.

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 345
Message 3 of 6

I never experienced this issue with my Yoga Book. I make sure I close the lid after the device is turned off completely.

lukas13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 250
Message 4 of 6

As said, I did pay attention to that. Indeed, my settings are that nothing happens when I close the lid.

And a simple Google search will show you that lot of people had this problem with this and other Lenovo products...

The solution is apparently to deactivate a function in win 10 which makes the startup faster, I forgot its name.

I didn't find any report of this same problem in other brands, but it doesn't matter. I' the end, Lenovo just HAVE TO offer a new firmware or drivers to solve this problem..., or even arrange a Windows patch with Microsoft.

Period.

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 244
Message 5 of 6

I' the end, Lenovo just HAVE TO offer a new firmware or drivers to solve this problem..., or even arrange a Windows patch with Microsoft.

Nah I don't see that happening anytime. Lenovo clearly ditched the Yoga Book since a long time ago, despite how unique it is. All the attention is now on Gen 2 (Yoga Book c930) which is overpriced in my opinion.

Highlighted
FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 75
Message 6 of 6

For those who are still experiencing this problem, try installing Shutdown Service. It was added on 31 October 2018 with the version 1.0.1 - It may fix the problem 🙂

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors