Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-31-2016

Germany

14 Signins

202 Page Views

• Views: 202
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga Book writing on Desktop

2017-03-05, 21:01 PM

Is there an issue on writing with the pen on the tablet desktop when the yoga book is 360° folded and working in tablet mode?

My pen works perfect on the halo area but not on the tablet screen, even when I change the tip.

No driver errors visible. 

Any idea?

Regards Marc
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoag Book writing on Desktop

2017-03-05, 23:37 PM

What software are you using?

Windows Ink Workspace programs like Sketchpad don't recognise the pen on the screen.

Other programs - One Note - for example will.

(I haven't tested it myself but I don't think a biro type tip will work on the screen. Some may, but personally I wouldn't think it a good idea - might scratch and mark the screen.)

Of course it is a possibility that you are experiencing some other issue, but I would check it isn't just that first.

Options

5 Posts

12-31-2016

Germany

14 Signins

202 Page Views

• Views: 202
  • Message 3 of 5

2017-03-06, 6:34 AM

I have tried One Note, didn´t worked. It´s a bit strange, in my memory it worked weeks bevor. 

Regards Marc
Options

18 Posts

01-05-2017

United States of America

31 Signins

302 Page Views

• Views: 302
  • Message 4 of 5

2017-03-07, 4:43 AM

The pen works as a pen in ONENOTE on the screen only if you are in Draw mode in Onenote. Otherwise it works as a mouse. On drawing pad, it works as a pen immediately. Not sure this is your scenario.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-03-07, 9:44 AM

I would go along with catbb's comment.

You could also try seeing if you can draw on the touchscreen with a pencil - you need a graphite pencil  (not a coloured crayon)  nice and blunt and preferably soft. I don't think there's much risk of scratching the screen like this but use a soft pencil if you possibly can just to be on the safe side.

If a pencil works when the pen doesn't it would suggest there's a problem with the supplied Anypen, or it's nib at least.

After that I would suggest re-installing the driver, but at the moment I'm not certain about identifying which one relates to the pen on the touchscreen specifically. (If anyone has wisdom on that perhaps they could point the OP to the right one.) The other option would be to do a reset, but I wouldn't want to suggest that until other options have been explored.

On catbb's suggestion -  when you first open One Note and get a blank page if you use the pen does it move the date at the top of the page? If it does the pen is registering so it should be working OK.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms