Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-31-2021

Czech Republic

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 7

Yoga book YB1-X91L - beeping keyboard and double shut down

2021-05-31, 11:40 AM

I turn to you as a novice when working with this specific laptop. The first special feature is the warning beep when typing on the keyboard. It appears randomly, sometimes when each key is pressed, sometimes only occasionally. I found a mention that this can cause faster typing, which I can't confirm. Unfortunately, it is not even possible to turn off such sounds in bios as in other models.

Next is the double shutdown of the laptop (the computer itself and the board?). Via the Start menu, I turn off the computer, it goes out and after 3 seconds the pen icon lights up, then the computer cannot be turned on, only first by holding down the side button to turn it off and then then turn it on classically.
I will be grateful for any response and thank you in advance.

Options

3320 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

261 Signins

16770 Page Views

• Views: 16770
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Yoga book YB1-X91L - beeping keyboard and double shut down

2021-05-31, 20:48 PM

Hello MirkaG,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

I suggest that you update the BIOS and drivers thru the support site.
Next step is to go to BIOS menu, load the default settings, be sure to save before exiting.
It would also help running diagnostics.
Update us how it goes.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 3 of 7

2021-06-01, 9:29 AM

The beeping you describe is part of the haptic feedback. You should have an app you can access through the start menu or control panel where you can switch this off.

It's called "Halo Keyboard". (If not you may need to re-install the Goodix keyboard driver)

Not sure about the shutdown issue but my first guess would be to look in the settings>system>power & sleep and go to additional power settings.and look at the "Choose what the power button does" section. 

It might be that it is going into hibernation or perhaps connected shutdown. I tend to disable these so I don't have much experience of them.

Bear in mind that the Yoga Book can be slow to fully shutdown, I imagine it would also be slow getting into hibernation - I've never quite sorted out why this happens myself.

Options

3 Posts

05-31-2021

Czech Republic

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-06-05, 9:45 AM

Hi!

With a small child on my knee, I have not yet had the opportunity to diagnose and study drivers, as soon as the opportunity arises, I will start. However, I found a video on YT that helped significantly reduce the tweet. In practice, I write without a beep, only once did the beep sound when several different keys were pressed. So I have a quiet time:)

I have not yet solved the second problem. In sleep and hibernation mode, the computer is "off" completely, only in OFF mode the icon lights up. I'm looking for more.

Options

3320 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

261 Signins

16770 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-06-09, 9:50 AM

It may be worth observing further how it goes specially if you are to apply David’s suggestion.
Any updates can help us identify possible issue and probable fix if not a work around.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

05-31-2021

Czech Republic

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-06-11, 17:17 PM

Hello, Lorennzo,

I completely agree. Of course, it is better to solve the problem than to temporarily work around it. But I have a child at an age when he needs constant supervision, so I'm moving at a snail's pace. I have to concentrate on work, I would not like to make matters worse. 

Options

3320 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

261 Signins

16770 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-06-15, 22:18 PM

It may also be suggested to have it reported to technical support so the issue would be checked further.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)