Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

21 Posts

01-14-2017

United Arab Emirates

25 Signins

227 Page Views

• Views: 227
  • Message 1 of 17

Yoga book hardware upgrades?

2017-01-17, 13:07 PM

Yoga book is a great device for students.

but, the proccessor is not that good and I seek for the highest performance in a thin yoga book!

so, I need to upgrade my cpu from x5 to i7.

my questions is:

1- How to do it?

2- How much will it cost?

3- Can the motherboard handle it?

4- Can i do it my self?

Thanks and am using the windows version.

and since yoga book use the same hardware as android. then Can i dual boot windows and android?

Answer
Options

2618 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3537 Signins

43880 Page Views

• Views: 43880

Re: Yoga book hardware upgrades?

2017-01-18, 13:29 PM

Galaxy S8 isn't out yet buddy. 

Either way, it's not possible to upgrade the components of the Yoga Book. 

It's meant to be a secondary device, not a primary device. 

Regards.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Replies(16)
Options

4683 Posts

01-22-2010

United States of America

38999 Signins

597056 Page Views

• Views: 597056
  • Message 2 of 17

2017-01-17, 14:16 PM

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 3 of 17

2017-01-17, 15:51 PM

The straight answer is no - you can't do it.

On pretty much all tablets and many ultrabook laptops the cpu is soldered directly onto the main board. It's pretty much the same for memory and sometimes (often?) storage as well.

Even if you could, an i7 processor would create issues with heat and eating up the battery life. The choice of cpu in this case was probably made in part at least to avoid these issues in a device as slim as the Yoga Book. (Even an i3 in a Surface tablet can get rather hot)

Options

2618 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3537 Signins

43880 Page Views

• Message 4 of 17

2017-01-17, 21:02 PM

Hi there. There's no way to upgrade the components on the Yoga Book other than adding in microSD card.

I'd suggest taking a look at the ThinkPad X1 Yoga or ThinkPad X1 tablet with better performance and similar stylus functionality.

Regards.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Options

21 Posts

01-14-2017

United Arab Emirates

25 Signins

227 Page Views

• Message 5 of 17

2017-01-18, 11:52 AM

lol, for real?

Galaxy s8 have 6 gb ram

octa proccessor with 3.2 ghz and 4.2 max

its better than yoga book, but its android after all...

Answer
Options

2618 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3537 Signins

43880 Page Views

• Message 6 of 17

2017-01-18, 13:29 PM

Galaxy S8 isn't out yet buddy. 

Either way, it's not possible to upgrade the components of the Yoga Book. 

It's meant to be a secondary device, not a primary device. 

Regards.

Regards,
Eric Xu

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

21 Posts

01-14-2017

United Arab Emirates

25 Signins

227 Page Views

• Message 7 of 17

2017-01-18, 14:09 PM
I just found out that am in extremely power saving mode.

switched settings to high performance and it improved by 75%

**bleep** man, What a power savings settings
Options

2618 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3537 Signins

43880 Page Views

• Message 8 of 17

2017-01-18, 14:23 PM

Ah, that was it. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

Options

2 Posts

01-25-2017

Norway

4 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 9 of 17

2017-01-25, 13:48 PM

Hello,can you actually choose high performance? I only have balanced,and the performance is quite low

Options

41 Posts

12-16-2016

United States of America

58 Signins

493 Page Views

• Views: 493
  • Message 10 of 17

2017-03-22, 17:17 PM

One thing that may help you eke out a little more performance is the settings in the intel HD graphics control panel (right click on the desktop and click "graphics properties"). I suggest poking around in the "power" and "3d" sections. There is a high performance general setting you can enable in the 3d section.

You may also want to adjust some performance options in control panel - the easiest way to find this is searching the start menu for "adjust appearance and performance." I've attached a screenshot of the settings I use, but you can enable or disable whatever you want. Disabling animationed controls and elements in windows (which I've kept enabled) often will improve performance noticeably.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms