Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-10-2017

Spain

6 Signins

138 Page Views

• Views: 138
  • Message 1 of 20

Yoga book pen input issue

2017-01-10, 14:49 PM

Hello all!

I bought my yoga book a couple of months ago and everything seems fine with it, except now that I have been doing some more intensive work with the pen. I have realized that input is unstable in a small area near the top left corner of the halo/pad surface. I have checked all the edges, and input is ok, but in that zone, when I use the real pen, the point on screen starts to move several milimeters around, becoming barely usable (pessure is not properly registered in that small area either).

So, is this normal? Has anyone noticed something similar with the real pen usage?

Thank you in advance.

Options

154 Posts

11-28-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

188 Signins

1883 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1883
  • Message 2 of 20

Re: Yoga book pen input issue

2017-01-11, 13:18 PM

wrote:

Hello all!

I bought my yoga book a couple of months ago and everything seems fine with it, except now that I have been doing some more intensive work with the pen. I have realized that input is unstable in a small area near the top left corner of the halo/pad surface. I have checked all the edges, and input is ok, but in that zone, when I use the real pen, the point on screen starts to move several milimeters around, becoming barely usable (pessure is not properly registered in that small area either).

So, is this normal? Has anyone noticed something similar with the real pen usage?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Nikit_o,

Welcome to the Forum.

As far as I know, no references regarding this problem have been posted in the forum, but being a fairly new device , maybe someone else is experiencing the same problem and they want to share it. 

Anyway I would suggest you to perform a factory reset with your unit to check if the issue persists, discarding  any strange software issue. 

Please let us know if if works.

Regards.

Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 3 of 20

2017-01-11, 18:07 PM

I believe this has been reported here before and I have similar experience on my own yoga book - it just hasn't particularly bothered me, but I'm sure for some it would be a problem. If I draw lines diagonally across the create pad they deviate very slightly near three corners and rather more close to the top left - 2-3mm I'd reckon.

Options

5 Posts

01-11-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 4 of 20

2017-01-11, 22:12 PM

I have this problem where the upper left corner of my yoga book is much less sensitive than the rest of the pad, so at equal pressure it will show as blank unless I press harder at that particular corner. A bit of a nuisance when I need to draw on that area. Probably a part inside is interfearing with the pen regonition. Did anyone here who sent their device to fix this problem hear anything back from Lenovo?

Options

5 Posts

02-14-2017

Germany

10 Signins

209 Page Views

• Views: 209
  • Message 5 of 20

2017-02-15, 12:49 PM

having the same problems of zigzag kind of lines near the edges and alsmost no response near esc button unless pressing really hard

Options

10 Posts

03-08-2017

Austria

17 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 6 of 20

2017-03-23, 19:48 PM

Hi guys,

i am having the same problem with wrong input on the top left corner of the draw pad.

Did anyone of you resolve the issue?

I had my Yoga Book in repair for about 4 months, yesterday it came back and the problem still exists...

BR

Options

5 Posts

01-11-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 7 of 20

2017-03-24, 2:48 AM
Did you get a new device back, or did Lenovo actually tried to open it up and fix the inside?

I sent mine for repair as well, but I don't think they're gonna be able to fix it. It's probably an inherit design problem. Now I'm worried they will send me something half broken because I don't know how any one can manage to open up such a thin glued-on device and mess with its guts without making things janky.
Options

10 Posts

03-08-2017

Austria

17 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 8 of 20

2017-04-10, 11:38 AM

Hi,

i got my own device back. But it seems that they did nothing with it.

In the meantime, i got a message from Lenovo Online Shop (Digitalriver), that i get my money back.

Today i was in a local store, to buy a new one for 100€ less than my first Yoga Book.

I unboxed the new device and it has the same problem...

I think it is a problem you have to deal with.

BR

Options

5 Posts

01-11-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 9 of 20

2017-04-10, 15:32 PM

Do you just get better customer service from Europe? I'd be jumping with joy by now if I can just get my money back.

I got my device back from "repair". They screwed with the keyboard somehow, and left it not completely back on the way it was. There was a piece of something odd underneath that original affected area, causing a bump to rise up (from underneath!) and after trying out the tablet for less than an hour that stress point gave up and the Halo keyboard cracked on me.

I am STILL dealing with their case manager, Amy Royster, who's been unhelpful. Asking me to send it in AGAIN for repair. I just want a working device at this point. Apparently sending customer a replacement unit is not normal practice from Lenovo. This whole experience with Lenovo customer service had been horrid. I'll have to stay away from Lenovo product except for their Thinkpad line in the future.

Options

1 Posts

11-26-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 10 of 20

2017-11-26, 15:28 PM

I've been having the exact same problem as well. My Yoga Book had trouble writing on the botton edge of the create pad (point on screen shakes around randomly) so I returned it and Lenovo sent a new one. The new one seems to be working find except that for the top left corner, I need to press really hard to write anything, and the precision is horrible. I think that this might be a design flaw of the Yoga Book.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms