Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MauNault
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,211
Message 1 of 9

Yoga book that has been completly wiped

Hello everyone and thank you in advance to everyone who will ake a minute to answer me. I ask you to forgive my poor english as I am a french speaker, I did not find a french lenovo forum... I have a Lenovo Yoga Book Yb1-x91f 10.1" Windows 10, I think it is also called Lenovo Yoga Book ZA150051CA, the hd has been wipe completly by error. I can enter the bios normaly, the only thing that appears when I power on the unit is a message saying "Do not find UEFI system partition". I would like to know if there is a way to get a usb memory stick with all it needs to install windows 10 and drivers to have the unit runs like it was? If yes where can I buy it. If not, what do I have to do to regain the functionalities of my computer? Thank you so much...

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 1,157
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga book that has been completly wiped

You can install a fresh new copy of Windows 10 on your Yoga Book. For this, you will need anGB USB flash drive and an OTG adapter. Normally, you will need additional mouse and keyboard (because the Halo Keyboard and the touch screen will not work during the installation process), but by following this guide (created by Sandman45654), you will not need them.

Everything is explained in this guide. Carefully follow the step-by-step instructions and you should end up with a fully working Yoga Book.

Don't worry about the Windows Activation, it should activate itself - just make sure you download the correct Windows 10 that came with your device (Pro/Home editions). If you had BitLocker enabled, you need a key which you can get from your Microsoft Account.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 🙂

MauNault
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,149
Message 3 of 9

Good morning FarisJayyousi, thank you very much for the answer. Previously I had w10 home english do you think I could instal w10 home french instead? The site you refer me seems to be very complete I will try it next weekend, thanks a lot again. Have a nice day.

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 1,147
Message 4 of 9

@MauNault
Previously I had w10 home english do you think I could instal w10 home french instead?

I don't know honestly. Other members may be more knowledgable about this. My guess would be that it is ok as long as you download a Windows 10 Home ISO and you sign in with the same Microsoft Account you used earlier.

Best of luck.

Faris

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 1,143
Message 5 of 9

You can choose the language during setup - so that shouldn't cause a problem.

However you should note that the keyboard layout will still be whatever came with the Yoga Book so opting for a different language keyboard to that will create some issues. 

You could instead stick to English during setup, and add the French language afterwards then make it default and then delete the English if you wish. 

Highlighted
MauNault
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,133
Message 6 of 9

Good evening, I think that you are right I will stick to the original settings, tahank you and have a nice evening.

MauNault
Fanfold Paper
Views: 984
Message 7 of 9

Hello every one. 

Sorry if I did not give any news before. I did not have time to proceed to the experience. Everything was going fine till I went to download the widows 10 with windows iso downloader. I tried twice to download but the download stops before the end even if the small windows that shows the dowload says that it is dowloading it does not. It shows that the download is running at 300ko/s how many gb that are downloaded you can see the files logo come in in but it does not happen...  hard to explain lol First time I tried it stps at around 1.5 gig and the second time it stops at 4.48gig on 4.72 gig.  When I canceled the first time I tought it woud have start over where I stoped it but it did not... Someone knows why it does that and how to find a resolution to the problem? Once again sorry for my english, it is not my usual language. Thank you for you help.

MauNault
Fanfold Paper
Views: 903
Message 8 of 9

I finally have downloaded all what it was needed to perform the ISO of Windows. I have a problem now with NTLITE it  performed the image like normal till it stops on 1 point "register the modification of image" under install wim 1 windows 10 (changed) ntlite stoped at 50% all the other things are done 100%. Someone had a similar problem before? How to find a "cure" to that... stop at 50%? Do I  have to start all over again? Thank you for your support ande have a nice day everyone.

MauNault
Fanfold Paper
Views: 859
Message 9 of 9

Hi everyone! Mission accomplished it works like a new one. Thank you all for support. Have a nice weekend!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors