Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomfhowe
Serial Port
Views: 32,919
Message 1 of 50

Yoga book with a different pen

Hey, I'm loving drawing on the yoga book but I really miss having a button on the pen that I could use to toggle eraser etc. I'm wondering if it's possible to use a different wacom pen that does have buttons, like Wacom's Bamboo Smart with the Yoga Book.

I feel like the answer is no, because I tried using the pen from my HP Envy Note 8 (which I know is on the list of devices that the Bamboo Smart stylus works with) on the Yoga Book, and that didn't work.

I also tried the stylus from my ooold old bamboo fun tablet (which is an RF pen like the Real Pen, I believe) which has buttons, but that didn't work.

Anyway, just a shot in the dark, but I thought I would ask if anyone has a Bamboo Smart pen and has tried installing the software for that and using it on the Yoga Book, and if it works at all.

UweThelen63
Token Ring
Views: 32,707
Message 2 of 50

Re: Yoga book with a different pen

I have a HP TouchSmart tm2-1090eg with a Wacom Digitizer pen. This pen has a button and a eraser button on top. It works flawlessly with the Yoga Book. Button as right click and top button as erazor. But i can't find any info (type, part number) about the digitizer or pen. Sorry for that.

Yoga Book
Highlighted
tomfhowe
Serial Port
Views: 32,702
Message 3 of 50

Interesting! Thank you for that information.

therealjawss
Blue Screen Again
Views: 32,696
Message 4 of 50

i also just tried my samsung slate pen and it works! so i am guessing any wacom pen would work too... thank you!

tomfhowe
Serial Port
Views: 32,601
Message 5 of 50

Well, not *any* Wacom pen, because like I said, the pen from my HP envy note 8 doesn't work with it, nor does the one from my old Wacom bamboo fun tablet... But it seems like a lot of other pens do.
To clarify, I think almost anything should work on the screen, I'm talking about on the halo keyboard surface/with pen pressure working.
UweThelen63
Token Ring
Views: 32,585
Message 6 of 50

I was also talking about the halo keyboard surface ... pen pressure is working too ...

Yoga Book
therealjawss
Blue Screen Again
Views: 32,575
Message 7 of 50

yeah i was talking about the create pad too. I've tried the S-Pen from samsung that works too so i assumed the wacom digitizers in general work. whoops. 

AlexM82
Paper Tape
Views: 32,346
Message 8 of 50

Hi!

I don't have the YogaBook yet but I am just about to run to the next store to get my hands on it. Seems just perfect for my needs but I think I won't be using the Ink-on-Paper feature much.

The only thing that keeps bothering me is that the pen seems great for artistic work but does not have a single button for control (e.g. right click), right ?

So did I get it right that the "HP TouchSmart tm2-1090eg" is just a good as the original pen (ofc omitting the ink-feature) but additionally offers right click and erase function on the touchpad as well as on the screen?

How about the S-Pen mentioned before, does it support "right-click" functions? I assume not since it was designed for Android ?

I think this topic will be very interesting for all YogaBook users.

Maybe we could ask Lenovo tech support about other Wacom pens?

BR Alex

therealjawss
Blue Screen Again
Views: 32,323
Message 9 of 50

I used the S-Pen from a galaxy note 5 and the right click functionality worked. I primarily use this pen and rightclick and eraser both work great. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-Digitizer-AA-DP0NE2B-US/dp/B006WAPM78/ref=pd_cp_147_2?_en...

therealjawss
Blue Screen Again
Views: 32,322
Message 10 of 50

what i'm also wondering is if the new intuos pro paper's fine tip pen will work with the yoga book. https://us-store.wacom.com/Product/wacom-intuos-pro-paper i really prefer gel ink pens.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors