Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomfhowe
Serial Port
Views: 6,363
Message 21 of 50

Re: Yoga book with a different pen

Yes, that's the one I want, but unfortunately it lists as "sold out" in my region and is also sold out on amazon haha. I waited too long hoping it would get cheaper! I'm going to probably get the old version of that off amazon.
catbb67
Punch Card
Views: 6,276
Message 22 of 50

Thanks! Just ordered the bamboo smart for Galaxy Note version as you pointed out. Hopefully the this will work and also the button will work as erase!
catbb67
Punch Card
Views: 6,275
Message 23 of 50

Thanks! Just ordered the bamboo smart for Galaxy Note version as you pointed out. Hopefully the this will work and also the button will work as erase!

Oredered from Andromeda.com

FarFlyer
What's DOS?
Views: 6,223
Message 24 of 50

After lot of "web-digging" I found that the Cube CEP01 Pen is compatible with the Lenovo Yoga Book. It's an Electromagnetic WACOM Pen for the Cube i7Stylus device.
I bought one from china and it works well.
It's lighter and smaller compared to the original Lenovo pen, but it has the eraser on the top and one configurable button. It cames with tip replacement as well.

catbb67
Punch Card
Views: 6,211
Message 25 of 50

Can you post a link where you bought yours? My Bamboo Smart for Galaxy order with Andorama is back ordered. Looking for alternative. The Cube i7 stylus looks preferable because of the eraser head.

FarFlyer
What's DOS?
Views: 6,207
Message 26 of 50

I've ordered it on aliexpress.com

If you search for cep01 you should find some.

Highlighted
catbb67
Punch Card
Views: 6,144
Message 27 of 50

The Bamboo Smart for Galaxy came. It has only one button. It is for selection like a mose click and drag. I wish it was for erase. Going to return it. Looking into the CEP01 for Cube i7. It seems sold out in many sites, even the Chinese sites.

What do the buttons on the CEP01 pen for?

FarFlyer
What's DOS?
Views: 6,140
Message 28 of 50

The CEP01 has 1 button plus the eraser on the top of the pen.

The button is customizable in the windows option "pen and windows ink", but I suggest to install the wacom pen driver, you get more options and even a customizable menu on button click.

catbb67
Punch Card
Views: 5,894
Message 29 of 50

Got the CEP01 pen. The eraser head works quite well. However, this pen work differently than Yoga Book's stock pen in that, the stock pen can work as a digitized pen on the magic pad and as a capacitive style on the display. The CEP01 only works as a digitized pen on the magic pad. So to select any OneNote menu when editing, I have to hover the CEP01 over the magic pad to line up with a menu and tap on the magic pad to select. Whereas I can lift the stock pen up from the magic pad and hit the menu on the display directly.

So I have not found a solution to my expectations yet.

tomfhowe
Serial Port
Views: 5,698
Message 30 of 50

Quick update: I got the old model bamboo pen for galaxy note (this one: https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Stylus-Galaxy-Black/dp/B00IWJM9SW) and it works perfectly on the create pad and feels great. The button works and is configurable through the Wacom feel driver UI. 

One thing I didn't think of however was that the tip isn't conductive like the pen Lenovo includes with the Yoga Book, so it doesn't work on the screen at all. Not a big deal, since I wanted it for precise drawing, but I do like scribbling on the screen for sketching sometimes. 

I also got a couple cheap knockoff S Pens just to see if they would work as a compact take everywhere pen to leave in my backpack and they do work, but they feel like crap. But that is an option lol.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors