Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FarFlyer
What's DOS?
Views: 5,889
Message 31 of 50

Re: Yoga book with a different pen

Can I ask you where did you get it and how much did you pay?

I cannot find a consistent price in Europe.

tomfhowe
Serial Port
Views: 5,882
Message 32 of 50

I got the pen off amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Stylus-Galaxy-Black/dp/B00IWJM9SW) but I'm in the US, so idk...
tn2
What's DOS?
Views: 5,724
Message 33 of 50

I just got this Staedtler Noris Digital Samsung Pencil, EMR Technology. It may have been designed for Samsung, but one look at it and you'll think it was probably designed to go with the Yoga Book. Together they complete the atavistic design of the classic notebook and pencil I grew up with. I'm not a hipster, but I do love the ironic aspect of form/function.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072N31S7C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I needed another stylus because I don't want the hassle of changing out/in the ink refill. It looks and feels just like a classis No.2 pencil. I don't doodle, but takes lots of notes for work. Perhaps it is due to the familiar feel in hand, but I find that this stylus helps me write faster. I detest any stylus with a side button, which always make me hold the pen in an uncomfortable position. This stylus pencil is perfect for me because it has no such button, just like the the OEM Real Pen. Skip this if you prefer the button.

So my real-looking "pencil" writes digitally, and my apparent "digital-stylus pen" writes real ink. Pretty cool. Oh crap, I am a hipster! Anyway, just throwing out another option if anyone is interested.

powree
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,634
Message 34 of 50

That's awesome!  I've been eyeing Noris Digital for a while now, I'm glad someone confirmed that it works with Yoga Book. Ordering one immediately.

I have never  used buttons since very few apps are compatible with the functions anyway. I use YogaBook to draw extensively so I hope Noris is comfortable... (wonder if the nibs of Noris can be swapped with that of Tab S3 Stylus' ?)

HomeyJay
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,407
Message 35 of 50

Hi, you mention that pen pressure is working, can you tell me what apps its working for?

Have you tried it with Photoshop?

I just cant get my pressure senitivity to work on PSat all but it works well on Artrage and Sketchbook!

brownbear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,743
Message 36 of 50

any yoga stylus that works with the drawing pad+ the screen? my real pen that came with the yoga book im having issues trying to draw on the screen

Voretax
Paper Tape
Views: 4,682
Message 37 of 50

Does anyone know if this will work with the yoga book (Android)? I recently lost my RealPen and it's out of my budget to purchase it again.  

https://m.banggood.com/Ugee-P50s-Stylus-Pen-Pressure-Sensitive-Graphic-Tablet-Pen-For-Ugee-CV720-Gra...

It has the same pressure level and is very cheap.

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 4,669
Message 38 of 50

The Ugee P50s appears to be an active pen with a rechargeable battery. As far as I can tell it's not using the AMR techology that the Yoga Book pen does. Those are going to be the basic clues about what might work with the yoga book. So the short answer is no, I don't think so.

(By the way this section is for Windows tablets. On this issue it doesn't matter so much, but for others it would be better to post in the Android tablets section.)

Voretax
Paper Tape
Views: 4,622
Message 39 of 50

Will it work on the screen as well as the pad? The Noris Digital Pencil, I mean.

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 4,604
Message 40 of 50

A user comment on the Amazon link above says the Norris pen doesn't work on the touchscreen. It might be possible to make or bodge a replacement tip made from a suitable conductive material that would, but that would be a fiddly job.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors