Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fr0zensphere
Paper Tape
Views: 4,594
Message 41 of 50

Re: Yoga book with a different pen

I can't believe this is so difficult. I also can't believe that Lenovo engineers, or anyone, could think that the included Real Pen, or whatever it's called, is adequate. No buttons or eraser?? How can you get any productive digital writing done without that?

Anyway, I also want a stylus that will work on the keyboard/pad AND on the screen, AND will have an eraser and a button for right-click functions. If anyone ever finds this unicorn, please, please post here and let us know.

In the meantime, I can point you guys to another option that works just peachy on the pad, seems to be fairly widely available still, and not expensive, but does NOT work on the screen. My order from eBay, like 2 years ago, was called, "Lenovo ThinkPad Digitizer Pen Stylus X230 X220 X201 X61 X60 Tablet". You can search those terms and find some results for yourself. Or this link looks exactly like the one I have:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Digitizer-Stylus-Pen-FOR-IBM-LENOVO-ThinkPad-X220T-X230T-Tablet-FRU-04W...
It's ebay, though, so that link might be dead like tomorrow. But mine has a red eraser button up top, black body and dark gray side button, and black stylus tips. There seem to be variations, where some have the colors inverted, or just the stylus tips are red instead of black, but they all probably work the same.

I wish I could find one like that which also works on the screen, though, *sigh*. This "any pen" thing is kinda ridiculous if Lenovo's own pens don't work.

fr0zensphere
Paper Tape
Views: 4,589
Message 42 of 50

@tomfhowe wrote:

I also got a couple cheap knockoff S Pens just to see if they would work as a compact take everywhere pen to leave in my backpack and they do work, but they feel like crap. But that is an option lol.

@op:

Could you verify something: when you say that they do work, that still means that they only work on the pad, right? They do NOT work on the screen, correct?

Steffi-1905
Paper Tape
Views: 4,412
Message 43 of 50

Hey,

I tested 3 different pens for Lenovo Yoga Book. Two of them are with an right click button and one pen has an eraser on top.

Here is my list with a short feedback:

1. spring2014 Touch Stylus S Pen für Samsung Galaxy Note 4

2. Samsung ET-S100EBEG Stylus Stift für N7000 Galaxy Note

8,95 €; Amazon

https://smile.amazon.de/gp/product/B007JSV8UC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• it's not compatible

3. Staedtler Stylus Noris 180 22-1 digital

33,66 €; Amazon

https://smile.amazon.de/gp/product/B0728HBD7F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• it's compatible
  • comfortable to hold
  • soft pen tip; very comfortable to write
  • no right click funkction
  • no eraser function
  • no eraser function

4. cube cep01 i7book tablet pc stylus

20,59 € + 0,45 € Versand; AliExpress

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/Original-cube-cep01-i7book-tablet-pc-Active-stylus-Special-for-i7book...

• it's compatible
  • looks like a biro; comfortable to hold
  • pen tip is comfortable to write, no scratching
  • right cklick function
  • eraser function on top of the pen
fr0zensphere
Paper Tape
Views: 4,285
Message 44 of 50

Hi Steffi,

Could you specify, when you say the pen is compatible, does it also work on the screen?

Thanks!

Steffi-1905
Paper Tape
Views: 4,266
Message 45 of 50

No, it only means the pens are comptaible with the writing surface.
I tested them on the screen and they doesn't work on it.

leil00
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,050
Message 46 of 50

@fr0zensphere wrote:

I can't believe this is so difficult. I also can't believe that Lenovo engineers, or anyone, could think that the included Real Pen, or whatever it's called, is adequate. No buttons or eraser?? How can you get any productive digital writing done without that?

Anyway, I also want a stylus that will work on the keyboard/pad AND on the screen, AND will have an eraser and a button for right-click functions. If anyone ever finds this unicorn, please, please post here and let us know.

Why Lenovo has not made the Lenovo Active Pen 2 compatible with the Yoga Book? Smiley Mad

My solution so far is to use a virtual keyboard easy to configure with only the keys/shortcuts I need. Hot Virtual Keyboard is perfect for this task and finally I can use my preferred 3D software that depends heavily on keyboard.

wugu
What's DOS?
Views: 1,338
Message 47 of 50

The reason that it's so expensive is because of the words "wacom" and "cintiq". 

Actually you can get a 13 inch cintiq for about $750 and there are plenty of other entries to the market from the likes of Ugee and XP-Pen that are substanitally cheaper.

In terms of hardware, I really think that it's all present on the yoga. A pressure sensitive screen/stylus is all there is to it really. The yoga already does a passable impression of a cintiq companion (which is a self contained cintiq). It's just not powerfull enough for more complex jobs. (I doubt the companion would be able to handle particularly complex jobs either).

I got the xp artist 16 Pro Pen Tablet Monitor a while ago. Was working just fine. Not as nice as the cintiq 16 Pro. But it worked and the extra screen size was nice.. The XP Pen seems to be the best cintiq alternative yet from the reviews I have watched (I have watched alot over the years of cintiq copies). Specially their 16" PRO offerings, as for now, they count on 92% of Adobe RGB color space support .

https://www.storexppen.com/buy/artist-series-display16pro.html

kje5990
What's DOS?
Views: 617
Message 48 of 50

Does Staedtler Digital Noris Pen also work on the touchscreen of Yoga Book as well? along withe the Halo keyboard?

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 535
Message 49 of 50

@kje5990 wrote:

Does Staedtler Digital Noris Pen also work on the touchscreen of Yoga Book as well? along withe the Halo keyboard?

All should work on the Yoga Book's screen as it features AnyPen Technology. The question is if it works on the Waccom area of the Yoga Book.

fr0zensphere
Paper Tape
Views: 394
Message 50 of 50

@FarisJayyousi wrote:

@kje5990

All should work on the Yoga Book's screen as it features AnyPen Technology. The question is if it works on the Waccom area of the Yoga Book.

You clearly haven't read anything in this thread.

The question is most definitely whether it works on the screen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors