09-22-2020

US

1 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 1

Yoga c940 keeps freezing and/or dropping CAST

2020-09-22, 16:25 PM

I have this brand new laptop, and a Samsung TV that is only a year old. I hoped these devices would just connect and I could teach seamlessly in my home school setting. I cannot Cast from either Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome- I get a pop up window Cast Tab with all my devices listed by name (grayed out), but the message 'Source not supported'. I have tried to connect the laptop through "Connect"- when I click Start> Connect, the window pops up that says [my laptop's name] is ready for you to connect wirelessly, but when I hit Ctrl + S, zero devices are listed. So far, I have been able to project, by clicking F10, but it seems to time out? I had visions of being able to use Spotify in the background (brain food playlist is amazing!) and then using this laptop's Whiteboard app. I stopped even attempting to use Spotify because it will play for about 3 minutes, then the app will continue to play but the sounds drops. I will be teaching, and the Whiteboard app is up on the TV but freezes somewhere between 5-10 minutes. It won't simply reset either, I have to completely disconnect and reconnect. A few times, I have had to go so far as to reboot my entire laptop... which eats up so much time that I have to move on to backup lessons. I don't think this has anything to do with my TV because every single device in my household can cast to my TV very easily and without complications. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete