Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

11-25-2017

Italy

20 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 1 of 12

ink pen not working on my brand new yoga book (windows)

2017-11-26, 23:10 PM

Dear all,

i have just bought a yoga book and my first impressions are positive.

however, there is an issue i am currently facing.

the halo keyboard seems not to detect the ink pen.

by browsing on your site i understood that it might be the halo keyboard driver, which may need to be upgraded.

unfortunately, i have no experience with such task: could anybody give me a step by step procedure to enshre to fix such issue ?

thanks in advance for your kind comments and support

Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9890
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: ink pen not working on my brand new yoga book (windows)

2017-11-27, 8:35 AM

The keyboard itself doesn't detect the pen. You need to switch to the create pad by pressing the pen icon above the keyboard. The keyboard will disappear. One note will open usually.

On a new device the driver should already be installed, but updating it to the latest is a good idea.

You can download it from the Lenovo Support site - don't know whether there's a specific Italian page.

(Double click and extract it since it's a zip file and make sure you know where to)

Then open the folder and  double click on the install.exe or setup.exe file. (I'm on a different machine - can't recall which it is.) Reboot afterwards. You should read the instructions included in the zip file fist because you may need to delete the old driver first. You should check in Device Manager which driver Windows is using after running the install (and rebooting)- the new one may not take over until the old one is deleted and a reboot is done.

Usually you can update drivers through Device Manager but I don't think that works in this case.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 3 of 12

2017-11-27, 9:43 AM

So does your Yoga Book recognize your stylus with the plastic tip? (without the ink cartige attached). According to what you say, the ink pen is not recognized so I assume it recognizes the stylus without changing the tip to the real ink one. 

You may update your Halo Keyboare driver to version 2.0.0.7 from the following link:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-book/downloads

Please let me know if I understand your problem correctly. If the device is still new (nothing installed on it), you can restore to factory settings, but that is too early to think about.

Options

10 Posts

11-25-2017

Italy

20 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2017-11-28, 7:37 AM

dear all,

thank you both foe your kind and prompt reply, i appreciate.

apparently, the sityation described in the latest rply seems to fit my current one.

the only doubt i have is the fact that the screen does not show me also the results of my drawing on \the halo keyboard when the pen option is being selected.

i recall trying the yoga book in a shop once and the fact i could wite on the halo keyboard too.

so i hope for the best

i am currently on a business trip.

so i will try to update the driver during the weekend

i will keep you posted, then

thanks again

Options

10 Posts

11-25-2017

Italy

20 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2017-12-02, 14:43 PM

Dear All,

i managed to updste the driver and rhe problem seems solved, now: let me thsnk you very much for your kind advice.

now i have one more problem., well two problems at least.

i am trying to perform the automatic scan on the lenovo web site and the response i have got is that the system update is failed to upgrade to the lastest version.

any ideas for this issue?

secondly - this is a minor problem, actually - the halo keyboard stopped vibrating after upgrading the driver.

i am trying to control its vibration but the app is not keeping the modifications i apply.

thanks in advance for your kind comments and support.

best regards

Options

315 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1900 Signins

9890 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9890
  • Message 6 of 12

2017-12-02, 17:48 PM

Cangiante - both of these issues have been discussed here before-  the vibration issue quite recently. The automatic scan I think (not certain on this), doesn't work for the Yoga Book. These's also an update tool that people were trying to use without success but failed because it was intended for the thinkpad range not things like the Yoga Book.

But you'll find the answers are already here. You mightcome across some other useful hints while searching for them!

Options

10 Posts

11-25-2017

Italy

20 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2017-12-02, 18:44 PM
thanks very much, David

I tried to set vibration trough the control panel, but vibration does not respond anymore to the settings.

i am considering now to do a system restore, hoping not to create more troubles.

best regards
Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2017-12-03, 7:43 AM

The only way to update Yoga Book's drivers is to manually install them. Using system scan or apps like Lenovo System Update or Lenovo Companion App do not support the Yoga Book.

Let us know the results of the system restore in attempt to get the Halo Keyboard vibration back. As David said, this problem has been discussed and solved by various community members.

Good luck ? 

Options

10 Posts

11-25-2017

Italy

20 Signins

105 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2017-12-03, 8:51 AM

thanks very much for your post

finally, i tried simply to update the driver through the device manager and solved the issue of the vibrating keys.

to sum úp, my positive experience was first install the new drivers and then update them

i'll try and see if it is the case to update all the other things that the lenovo site highlights they need to be updated.

i'l keep you posted, anyway.

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2017-12-03, 17:31 PM

I'm glad to know that your problem is fixed. And good luck in updating all the remaining drivers. ?

For me, I have updated the Halo Keyboard, display adapter (Intel HD graphics), and the BIOS. 

I don't know if I need to update any other driver.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms