Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donpaolo
Paper Tape
Views: 262
Message 1 of 10

the pen of my yoga book is not working sunddely

sunddely, yesterday i was working normally with the pen and now it's not working.. it doesnt fall or break, what can i do?

Highlighted
FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 208
Message 2 of 10

Re: the pen of my yoga book is not working sunddely

See if the nib is pushed too much inside and is stuck. Try also replacing it with the real ink cartidge and see if it works.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 185
Message 3 of 10

Hi donpaolo,

Are you using first generation of YB or second?

Regards,

Pavlo

Pavlo Antalovtsi
Community Manager
donpaolo
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 4 of 10

i dont know how recognize mine. i bought it in july 2016 in china. i believe this is the 1first generation. 10' screen size, 64GB with aditional memory, 4 gb of RAM, 1,44 ghz processor with WIN 10

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 172
Message 5 of 10

That's first generation without doubt.

I'd follow FarisJayyousi's advice but also suggest wiping down the barrels to ensure they are clean and dry.

(I'd like to suggest cleaning the inside of the pen as well but I won't because I fear there's too much risk of damaging the inside of the pen.) I've just got a feeling that humidity or dirt might be affecting the conductivity between pen and the nib barrel.

It might also be worth telling us a little more ie: what software are you trying to use and whether you are using something other than the original nibs or not. Also is it not working on the display but OK on the create pad - both or neither.

donpaolo
Paper Tape
Views: 165
Message 6 of 10

normally i use it in this application: Drawboard PDF for sign my documents. i write always on the Halo Keyboard. now i'm using this when i open any regular pdf, then i active "Windows INK" and write in the screen. I can't make any function over the Halo Keyboard, just write and use the mouse, but not use the pen in there.

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 156
Message 7 of 10

Have you checked whether it works with other software? - sketchpad would be the easiest to check with.

It's possible Drawboard PDF doesn't recognise this type of pen technology.

donpaolo
Paper Tape
Views: 118
Message 8 of 10

the pen work is i use in the screen, the problem is, it's not working on the keyboard (The halo keyboard) 

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 114
Message 9 of 10

@donpaolo wrote:

the pen work is i use in the screen, the problem is, it's not working on the keyboard (The halo keyboard) 

The fact that the pen works fine on the screen does not mean that it has nothing wrong with it and the problem has to be the CreatePad. Lenovo Yoga Book's screen recognizes any conductive tool as a pen using AnyPen Technology. A knife for example can be used on the screen (except that it will scratch it 😁).

It's either a problem with then pen itself or the CreatePad (the Waccom digitizer). I don't think it's a driver-related problem, but to be on the safe side, try re-installing the Halo Keyboard 2.0.0.7 drivers.

donpaolo
Paper Tape
Views: 110
Message 10 of 10

you saved me, brother! that was the solution. Thank you very much. i reinstall the drivers. all perfect now

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors