Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Yoga Book CommunityYoga Book (Windows)
All Forum Topics
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 9880
  • Message 11 of 15

Re:yoga book windows does not boot, cannot even get into the BIOS

2020-10-21, 14:53 PM

Cattbb67 - the laptop Ketel was referring was not the Yoga Book and so is completely different.

It is possible to get the Maintenance manual for the Yoga Book from the Lenovo support pages which tells how to disassemble it. There is also a Youtube video about replacing the keyboard which might help if you were trying to reset the cables.

Options

3 Posts

04-15-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 12 of 15

2020-10-21, 18:04 PM

My laptop was the same and everyone told me I needed a new motherboard, but what I found was the cable to the display had a short in it  from opening and closing the laptop. Check with other users and you will find that cable is too tight and causes problems although most of the problems are with the display. In my case it had a short which caused my laptop to not power on. How I found it. I took the laptop apart to reach the motherboard, I noticed that if I unplugged that cable which is on the upper right hand side of the motherboard on my machine, I could get the fan to come on when I pressed the power button. I ordered a new cable and installed it and the problem went away. Hope this helps

Options

457 Posts

06-07-2017

Palestine, State of

1226 Signins

7220 Page Views

• Views: 7220
  • Message 13 of 15

2020-10-26, 17:27 PM

It is actually very risky to dissemble the Yoga Book without breaking the Halo Keyboard. Try contacting Lenovo as it may not be a cable kind of problem.

Options

3 Posts

04-15-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 14 of 15

2020-12-10, 8:18 AM

@ catbb67 wrote:

How did you open the digitizer panel to get to the cable? Where did you order the cable from?  Many thanks!

The panel is fairly easy to access.  Once you remove the trim pieces on the bottom of the screen, you will see a cable and small circuit board. On either side of the circuit board about half way to the edge of the screen,  you should see 2 sticky tape pieces.  They run under the digitizer from the bottom to the top. if you grab the end you can see on the bottom and pull,  it will cause the tape to release and you should be able to lift the digitizer away from the frame and expose the cable.  The cable I purchased from Ebay but when I googled the part,  a number of sites had it. I think I paid around $11 for it.

Options

1 Posts

08-19-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 15 of 15

2021-08-19, 14:08 PM

How do you get into the BIOS? I only know how with physical keyboard, but the halo never loaded so I'm not sure which button(s) should I press and when

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms