Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slander92
What's DOS?
Views: 3,061
Message 1 of 41

ZumoCast videos never start

ZumoCast works fine through the web interface on other computers.  However on my Electrify, whenever I select a video (I've tried many different types), the video never starts.  The little icon just spins and spins and nothing else happens.  I've waited over 30 minutes.  Music and pictures play fine.  I'd really love to get this working as I was a big fan of Air Video on iOS.  Thanks for any help.

WraithCorp
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 41

Re: ZumoCast videos never start

Am having the same problem exactly with the same phone on the US Cellular network hope someone has an answer

Slander92
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 41

I have the problem whether I use cellular data or local WiFi.

ca_n
WWAN
Message 4 of 41

Hi, which versions of ZumoCast are you using? Have you tried to log out then back into the device? If that doesn't work, try to resync your device by clearing the appdata (settings -> application -> manage applications -> ZumoCast -> Clear data).  Let me know how it goes.

Slander92
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 41

I have version 1.4.4 on the desktop and 1.1.3 on the Electrify.  I tried your suggestions, logging out/in and clearing the data.  I've also rebooted the desktop and did a battry pull on the phone.  Nothing helped.

ca_n
WWAN
Message 6 of 41

What kind of video files are these? Do you know which video/audio codecs are used? Has any of these videos ever worked for you before?

Slander92 said:

I have version 1.4.4 on the desktop and 1.1.3 on the Electrify.  I tried your suggestions, logging out/in and clearing the data.  I've also rebooted the desktop and did a battry pull on the phone.  Nothing helped.

Slander92
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 41

They are all kinds of video files, quicktime, MPEG2, MPEG4, MP4, even videos I've shot with the Electrify.  No they have never streamed on the Electrify, but all my videos will stream to another PC through the web interface.

ca_n
WWAN
Message 8 of 41

Interesting..I'm using the same device with the same versions w/o issues.  Can you try uninstalling ZumoCast on the device, then download and install the software from the Market? 

Slander92
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 41

I've already done that twice as well.  It if means anything a found a similiar program called qloud that "works", but isn't very good.

ca_n
WWAN
Message 10 of 41

How large is your shared library? If its pretty big, try these steps:

- remove all shared folders, save

- open zumocast, make sure that you don't seen any files/folders

- share a folder with a single video file in it (make sure the files is not ac3/dts encoded)

- open zumocast and try accessing that one file

Let me know how this goes.