Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 31 of 40 (188 Views)

Re: Bell Mobility DEXT getting 2.1 upgrade?

Hey all,

I am so disgusted with all of this!  I am yet another costumer screwed by Motorola/Bell/Steve Jobs or whoever is responsible for the decision to not update the Dext.  Numerous emails and forum and facebook comments have resulted in nothing.  I've gone to Bell too and everyone I speak to there have no clue what is going on and are still claiming that not only will the Dext be getting 2.1 but it apparently comes with 1.6.  I've corrected them a few times and been assured that they would get to the bottom of why no update and of course I have yet to hear anything back from them either.  It almost feels like a conspiracy

After trolling the forums it amazes me that no one seems to know why no update is being issued.  There are many claims and assumptions but nothing concrete or realistic.  Motorola is shlocking some bs about best hardware experience.  But if the exact same phone can handle the update across the border then that's obviously a load of crock.  Others have said that Motorola doesn't want to spend the money building the ROMs but as a developer I can say that this is also a load of crock, unless their developers are completely and utterly inept mind you.

Others claim it's the provider, in my case Bell, that's preventing it.  If that were the case then I would expect Motorola would be more than happy to say 'Hey, we'd love to give it to you but our hands are tied!' and walk away or that Bell would be responsible for posting what phones would be getting what updates and when, not Motorola.

When I bought the Dext both Motorola and Bell said 2.1 was coming in a month or two.  Just after the month long trial period ends Moto changes their tune and says it's under evaluation.  A month or two later it's a no deal.  I don't care if you have in micro print on your site that this information is not a guarantee.  When you sell the phone promising functionality like pinch & zoom and then don't provide the software to support it, that's reneging on the agreement and I think all Dext users should be compensated!  I can say for certain I will never buy another Motorola product again as all of this has left such a foul taste in my mouth.  I will also make damn sure that anyone else I know that is even considering buying a Motorola product that they seriously reconsider!

Regards,

Disgusted Dext Ower

What's DOS?
Message 32 of 40 (188 Views)

Exactly. No front camera. This should be a class action law suit.

Jason Dawe - sent from my Android phone

On Nov 5, 2010 4:23 PM, "MoreVengeance" <

What's DOS?
Message 33 of 40 (188 Views)

And to add further insult to injury, in my talks with the Bell store that sold me my Dext, their store manager just got back from a telecommunication conference where she spoke with a Bell rep on my behalf about the Android upgrade for the Dext and she was told that an update is still in the works but no timeline for when it would be available.

Really!??!  If that's the case then why the different tune on the Moto website?  Is it possible that no one at Moto truly knows what the frack is going on or are they just playing head games and trying to string us along hoping we'll just give up and go away?!  Where is the accountability here Moto!?!

What's DOS?
Message 34 of 40 (188 Views)

please to solve your problem just root ur phone and upgrade it with a costome rom. some say they are not stable but i bet u there are so many costome rom that are stable more than motorola rom itself. eg adlximod 2.1.5 rome is very stable am using it and work like a magic. go to this link www.modmymobile.com. find out more for there.

Connected by MOTOBLUR™ on T-Mobile

What's DOS?
Message 35 of 40 (188 Views)

How do you start a class action? Misleading sales for anyone buying the

phone and stuck without front camera, pinch zoom, all the features we were

looking to get instead of getting the iPhone. If this was the issue I'd

have got the galaxy s or iP4

Jason Dawe - sent from my Android phone

On Nov 8, 2010 2:36 PM, "MoreVengeance" <

What's DOS?
Message 36 of 40 (188 Views)

I wish I knew!  But more importantly, I wish Motofail would just simply support their products and give EVERYONE the updates, not just their US customers!!

What's DOS?
Message 37 of 40 (188 Views)

I'm just waiting for my contract to run out... less than a year left, then I'm going to buy a phone from a better manufacturer. Motorola has lost me as a customer for life. I will never buy another Motorola phone and will inform everyone I know of the poor service, simply because they won't upgrade the OS. I can't believe a company can be so blind as to not see how much they are hurting their reputation.

What's DOS?
Message 38 of 40 (188 Views)

Wow, it's been a long time since I started this thread and a lot has changed.  Thanks to the genius of dedicated developers I am currently running Android 2.3.4 on my DEXT and everything runs *so* much better than it did before.

What's DOS?
Message 39 of 40 (188 Views)

On Bell?   Wow.  Is there anyway you can post or link us to the process you used to Root the phone and then apply the upgrade to ensure it keeps working on the BEll frequencies?

I decided to get a used LG Chic as a replacement until I could upgrade.  I loved the hardware of the Dext...  but OS was sorepoint.

I would greatly appretiate some guidance and instructions, as would prettymuch everyone else stuck with that 1.5

What's DOS?
Message 40 of 40 (188 Views)

Unfortunately I believe it's against this site's rules to post links and information about how/where to obtain updates that aren't released by Motorola so I can't help there but everything you need to know to help --hacking reference removed-- and still have it work with Bell is available.

--Links or keyword references is all the same. !

Message was edited by: Mark (Forums Manager)