Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 19 (6,887 Views)

Launcher3 isn’t responding

Hello,

In Moto G5 Plus I swipe to the right from the home screen and goto the Google now page and open the news feed to read the news. When I come back to the Google now page it stops responding and then I get the message “Launcher3 isn’t responding”with two options “ Close app or Wait”. This happens repeatedly every time when I come back to the Google now page after reading the different news feeds. If I goto multiple news feeds (sometimes 3 or more) from the Google now page, the phone restarts automatically. Can you please provide solution for this issue.

BR,

BSNS

Senior MotoAgent
Message 2 of 19 (6,810 Views)

Re: Launcher3 isn’t responding

Hi BSNS,

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can perform and see if that would help.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 19 (6,660 Views)

I tried force rebooting bt still having this same prob... Whenever i swipe my screen to google it just force close what to do now?
Paper Tape
Message 4 of 19 (5,910 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue with the same phone model.

Phone hasn't crashed itself yet but the swipe-right Google screen is always unresponsive at first.

On swiping a few times the Google screen sluggishly opens and initially the cards will not scroll up/down.

After trying a few times to scroll the cards they eventually respond.

Around 70% of the time I get "Launcher3 isn’t responding" message

This has only been happening for the past week or so. Have had phone for about a month.

I have tried the "turn it off and on again". (obvs)

I also did a little googling and wiped my cache partition in recovery mode.

Made no difference. Problem persists.

Bif frustrating because this is a great phone.

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 19 (5,881 Views)

I facing the same problem too, tried all DIY steps except for factory data reset which I am not planning to do unless that is required.

Please provide the solution soon.

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 19 (5,835 Views)

[ Edited ]

Quick update: did a factory reset and then restored my account/settings. Problem completely solved.

I tried everything else first - including the removal of all 3rd party apps, deleting caches and wiping the cache partition, various restarts, using safe mode. None of this worked.

The factory reset was easy and restoring all my apps and data happened automatically once I had signed into my google account. I only needed to make sure my Whatsapp chat history was backed up and then used "SMS Backup & Restore" app to back up all my SMS messages and phone history. I also created backups of the settings for a couple of third-party apps (themes and custom settings).

Have not had any problems since then. Beats searching forums for hours and trying lots of obscure things. Sometimes you have to know when to give in...

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 19 (5,785 Views)

Ouch, I'd been thinking about it but really appreciate the post so I know I've got a good chance of fixing it that way. Thanks!
Paper Tape
Message 8 of 19 (5,756 Views)

Problem solved: Go to- Settings, apps, show system, Launcher3, clear cache, clear data, force stop, restart.

This did remove the icons, but easy to set back up. No more issues.

Paper Tape
Message 9 of 19 (5,719 Views)

This worked! No need to factory reset.
Paper Tape
Message 10 of 19 (5,656 Views)

Wish I had seen this BEFORE I did my factory reset! Method makes a lot of sense.

Oh well - reset wasnt too hard and I'll remember this in case it ever happens again.

Thanks

Top kudoed Authors