Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Computerguru79
Paper Tape
Views: 615
Message 41 of 71

Re: T-Mobile Oreo VoLTE with S7/S7 Edge

I also have the same issue... Hours on the phone with T-Mobile and Moto support... Absolutely no help. Yes disabling VoLTE does help in that I can call and they can hear, but when they call and I answer they still can't hear me because the phone didn't drop out of LTE. My wife and son's s7 and s7 edge both have this month's security patch, and no dice. This happened when I upgraded to Oreo. This is getting VERY frustrating! Please fix it. I am sure you have some engineers up in Chicago that should be able to understand what is going on, you just have to make this a priority please.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 597
Message 42 of 71

@Computerguru79 wrote:

I also have the same issue... Hours on the phone with T-Mobile and Moto support... Absolutely no help. Yes disabling VoLTE does help in that I can call and they can hear, but when they call and I answer they still can't hear me because the phone didn't drop out of LTE. My wife and son's s7 and s7 edge both have this month's security patch, and no dice. This happened when I upgraded to Oreo. This is getting VERY frustrating! Please fix it. I am sure you have some engineers up in Chicago that should be able to understand what is going on, you just have to make this a priority please.

If you disable VoLTE it should stay disabled. Calls you receive should be on voice network. LTE is the data portion and is not related to your disabling VoLTE. 

Your description makes it sound like there is a network issue at fault too. If they disable VoLTE on their phones will calls they make to you work? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
TSTitans
Paper Tape
Views: 580
Message 43 of 71

Samsung phone and Moto Z2 Force are both fully updated. 

If VoLTE is enabled on the Moto, then the Samsung doesn't hear anything no matter who makes the call. If the VoLTE is disabled, then the call works as long as the Moto initiates the call. 

If the Samsung is the caller, then voice doesn't come through. However, if VoLTE is also Disabled on the Samsung, then calls work fine in both directions, regardless of who is the caller and who is picking up.

This is a short term solution for me, but you lose the ability to use LTE on a call which, among other things, prevents the Video calling and HD calling. I don't mind the HD calling being gone, but I used to Video call all the time with my family during travel and I have to use a 3rd party app now (Skype, Duo) which is annoying. 

Please let us know when a fix is made. This only seems to happen between the Moto and Samsung phones so far, and only started with the Oreo update on the Moto, so I feel like it's a problem with the Oreo update on the Moto. 

HokieAl
Punch Card
Views: 517
Message 44 of 71

Re: phone audio: I can hear them, they can't hear me

Are we getting closer to a patch?  

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 511
Message 45 of 71

@TSTitans wrote:

Samsung phone and Moto Z2 Force are both fully updated. 

If VoLTE is enabled on the Moto, then the Samsung doesn't hear anything no matter who makes the call. If the VoLTE is disabled, then the call works as long as the Moto initiates the call. 

If the Samsung is the caller, then voice doesn't come through. However, if VoLTE is also Disabled on the Samsung, then calls work fine in both directions, regardless of who is the caller and who is picking up.

This is a short term solution for me, but you lose the ability to use LTE on a call which, among other things, prevents the Video calling and HD calling. I don't mind the HD calling being gone, but I used to Video call all the time with my family during travel and I have to use a 3rd party app now (Skype, Duo) which is annoying. 

Please let us know when a fix is made. This only seems to happen between the Moto and Samsung phones so far, and only started with the Oreo update on the Moto, so I feel like it's a problem with the Oreo update on the Moto. 

Regarding Video calling - can't you just enable VoLTE to make the video calls, and then disable it? That seems to be simpler then using Skype or Duo. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Computerguru79
Paper Tape
Views: 498
Message 46 of 71

That is what i ended up doing. I disabled VoLTE on my wife' phone and my phone, but i still have other friends that it isnt quite that easy. ALSO, sometimes when it drops out of lte for the call, it has a really hard time getting back to LTE. This is just a patch to mask an underlying problem. Not a fix.

TSTitans
Paper Tape
Views: 480
Message 47 of 71

Confirmed with another friend as well. Both phones need VoLTE disabled to get consistent audio. 

Reenabling to get Video might be possible, although I think is still didn't get audio the one time I tried. I'll try again and report back. But it's not a good solution since you'd have to coordinate both phones to enable, do the video call, and then disable again. 

Agreed, this is NOT a fix, just a workaround until Motorola figures out the cause and patches it. I found forums that suggest that VoLTE has had other problems on Oreo, this might have been the side effect of fixing those on Motorola's version of the solution. 

Is there a Moto agent monitoring this thread? If so, can you please provide an update and let me know if you need any more details, and how to get them? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 464
Message 48 of 71

@TSTitans wrote:

Confirmed with another friend as well. Both phones need VoLTE disabled to get consistent audio. 

Reenabling to get Video might be possible, although I think is still didn't get audio the one time I tried. I'll try again and report back. But it's not a good solution since you'd have to coordinate both phones to enable, do the video call, and then disable again. 

Agreed, this is NOT a fix, just a workaround until Motorola figures out the cause and patches it. I found forums that suggest that VoLTE has had other problems on Oreo, this might have been the side effect of fixing those on Motorola's version of the solution. 

Is there a Moto agent monitoring this thread? If so, can you please provide an update and let me know if you need any more details, and how to get them? 

Motorola is monitoring the thread and they are aware of the issue.

GGNY
Paper Tape
Views: 381
Message 49 of 71

Please note that I am on 7.1.1 T-mobile Build NCX26.7 and I am having the same issue.

It happens randomly to any number and type of phone I am calling, even landline. So it is not limited to Oreo calling Samsung S7s
dalluyon
What's DOS?
Views: 324
Message 50 of 71

Re: phone audio: I can hear them, they can't hear me

I've had this problem for two weeks now. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and can't hear my husband on his Z force 2. This is exasperating! Has a fix been found?

Top Kudoed Authors