Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asm0189
Paper Tape
Views: 1,705
Message 1 of 35

Moto Z2 Force Tmobile Will Not Update to Oreo

Hi Everyone, 

I would appreciate any help you can provide.  I am trying to get my phone to upgrade to oreo but for some reason it keeps telling me that I am up-to-date on version 7.1.1 for the August service patch.  I had oreo on my phone but Moto send me a warranty replacement and this new phone will not update. Has anyone experienced this issue or have any suggestions on how I can get the phone to update? 

Thank you!!

Alex

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,697
Message 2 of 35

Re: Moto Z2 Force Tmobile Will Not Update to Oreo

@asm0189 wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

I would appreciate any help you can provide.  I am trying to get my phone to upgrade to oreo but for some reason it keeps telling me that I am up-to-date on version 7.1.1 for the August service patch.  I had oreo on my phone but Moto send me a warranty replacement and this new phone will not update. Has anyone experienced this issue or have any suggestions on how I can get the phone to update? 

Thank you!!

Alex

We need to get a moto employee to look tomorrow. Make sure your imei is correct in your profile

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help Motorola investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let us know (just reply here) if it's okay for Motorola to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
asm0189
Paper Tape
Views: 1,694
Message 3 of 35

Just updated my profile and ensured that the privacy settings are on.  I give permission for them to check it out and see if it is the apps causing the issue. 

TheLooq
Punch Card
Views: 1,659
Message 4 of 35

Mine won’t update either. I’ve even signed up for MFN in hopes that would get it pushed but no such luck.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,620
Message 5 of 35

@TheLooq wrote:

Mine won’t update either. I’ve even signed up for MFN in hopes that would get it pushed but no such luck.

Thank you for updating your profile, we have your details. We will get back to you on this.

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,604
Message 6 of 35

Hi All, 

Unfortunately, the update for T-mobile has been delayed, our engineer team is working on the same and will be released as soon as it is ready.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

asm0189
Paper Tape
Views: 1,602
Message 7 of 35

I am confused, I had the update on my Z2 force before the phone was replaced for a battery issue... was the update recalled? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,600
Message 8 of 35

@asm0189 wrote:

I am confused, I had the update on my Z2 force before the phone was replaced for a battery issue... was the update recalled? 

Sounds like it is on hold. That is what Moto_Swaraj said above

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,594
Message 9 of 35

I think it has to do with an issue between certain phones on T-Mobile and the Z2. This is just my guess.

So they pulled it for now. Hopefully it will be back soon.

TheLooq
Punch Card
Views: 1,591
Message 10 of 35

Thank you for the update. It is not the news we want, but it is good that work is being done to correct the problems. I am hopeful the update will return soon.

Top Kudoed Authors