Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 501 of 952 (1,656 Views)

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

Very low notifications is one thing.. however.. the ascending ringtone is another. When you say the company is addressing this are they addressing both issues? And also what about the hissy sound and distortion that thousands of people have posted all over social media? I own two of these phones and they're both identical and contain all three problems. 

When I took the new Android 7 update I hard reset both of these phones has a practice I've learned over the years with smartphones they don't always do well throwing a new OS on top of an old. It didn't improve any of the problems that all of this Z Force owners have. This is one **bleep** fine phone. I've been a Galaxy owner for years however this phone makes Galaxy look pathetic. Just one problem when you buy a luxury car you expect great sound. and a few more positive comments, you're Moto mods are going to take the World by storm and probably be the norm 4 most smartphones. Just make the volume completely controlled by the user and give us a switch to turn off that darn ascending ringtone. Putting apps on this phone to do that very same thing is just putting a Band-Aid on its toe.

Fanfold Paper
Message 502 of 952 (1,656 Views)

This is excellent news. While the escalating ringtone is not a bad idea, the fact that it got coupled to shorter sounds like notifications was a serious oversight that affected usability. I'm glad this is getting fixed in the next update, as this issue has clouded some pretty impressive engineering and hardware.

HDMI
Message 503 of 952 (1,632 Views)

Fantastic news!!   Christmas miracles do happen.  I've found the problem to be almost a non-issue with the app work around, but it would definitely be nice to not have to have an app running to make the phone work as it should.

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE MATT!

Punch Card
Message 504 of 952 (1,611 Views)

I wouldn't have posted a new thread on this but it was apparent after reading all the other complaints that Motorola or you as the rep here was not giving us any answers and it needed to be brought to the top again. Now that we have an answer , that was just posted I might add, maybe they will expedite the procedure. Its an aggrevating and perplexing problem. This is a $700+ phone. When I buy something I expect it to work . This is not the case with the Motorola Z force droid in relation to Notification volume. Motorola needs to remember that Twitter and Facebook have a lot of followers. I dont know about the rest of the people but if a fix is not made available very soon I will start a campaign to let everyone know what type of product is put out by Lenovo/motorola.

Punch Card
Message 505 of 952 (1,610 Views)

Will this update also fix the bluetooth issue? I'm on my 3rd Moto Z Force and I can't hear anyone when making calls. Music plays fine on any bluetooth device it connects to. I've done safe mode, factory reset, hard reset and still nothing. I've noticed this issue after the 2nd update. Thanks.

Punch Card
Message 506 of 952 (1,578 Views)

Brand spanking new ZForce. Three days old. Did update to 7. Notifications can barely be heard unless using JBL sound mod. Was fine prior to 7. Maybe I should go back to my HTC 10. Please fix. Or should I go back to Verizon and claim a defect for an exchange ? Hope someone replies to this.

Fanfold Paper
Message 507 of 952 (1,565 Views)

Thanks Matt. Can I assume that this will apply to entire Moto Z line? I have the unlocked Z Play.

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 508 of 952 (1,548 Views)

MotoZombified wrote:

Brand spanking new ZForce. Three days old. Did update to 7. Notifications can barely be heard unless using JBL sound mod. Was fine prior to 7. Maybe I should go back to my HTC 10. Please fix. Or should I go back to Verizon and claim a defect for an exchange ? Hope someone replies to this.

your posting is right in the middle of everyone thanking Moto for recognizing the problem and annoucing a fix is coming quickly. just read the last 10-15 post before yours 

Punch Card
Message 509 of 952 (1,530 Views)

Thankfully there is a resolution on the horizon.  But, the 4 month silence on this problem has still left a bad taste in my mouth.

HDMI
Message 510 of 952 (1,516 Views)

MattForumsMngr wrote:

I'm happy to report that we're finalizing a software change that will address this issue and restore the notification volume to previous levels. We expect to start final testing very soon. 

I'll provide more information when I have details on delivery of the software. 

Thanks Matt!

Top kudoed Authors