Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 11 of 952 (4,220 Views)

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

I'm having the same problem, and made the mistake of calling what they call "customer service."  They just passed the buck... it's your carrier!

What a joke,

Michael

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 12 of 952 (4,212 Views)

Matt from Moto I believe will be posting here shortly 

SCSI Port
Message 13 of 952 (4,206 Views)

I understand verizon has to do there thing and test all aspects of an update and make sure compatibility issues are taken care of etc... They're usually the biggest hold up. That being said, someone really dropped the ball on this update. These are the most basic features of a phone... Even if it is technically a laptop in your pocket. I look forward to a response from someone and hopefully a less than 6 month resolution. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 14 of 952 (4,201 Views)

I agree!!!  Right now I am using a different phone as my Z force is useless with these notifications. This is a major issue and not sure how it got overlooked with any soak test. I hope the fix comes in the next few days. 

Paper Tape
Message 15 of 952 (4,197 Views)

Are you sure this is a Verizon problem?  If so, I would like to call them and give them some grief!!   I pay a lot for their service.... something tells me they won't be giving us a reduction in price till it gets fixed!!!!

Fanfold Paper
Message 16 of 952 (4,193 Views)

Nothing to do with Verizon. Was after the Motorola update. 

SCSI Port
Message 17 of 952 (4,187 Views)

I'm not sure of it, but I do know that the moto z force (which is what I have) is exclusive to verizon, if people with the moto z, on other carriers are having the same issues then it's most likely not the carrier. 

SCSI Port
Message 18 of 952 (4,182 Views)

I'm definitely no expert on this subject, and I may be totally out in left field here,  but I've been told by verizon in the past that no software update, from manufacturers or Google etc.  is released to phones on their network without first being tested and tweaked (bloatware etc)  to assure it doesn't affect their  network. Not much emphasis on phone function... Had a bad problem in the past with an LG update, and it was all verizon. Might not be the case here... Don't know.. Let's just hope for a quick resolution. 

SCSI Port
Message 19 of 952 (4,116 Views)

Any word on Matt from Moto... 

SCSI Port
Message 20 of 952 (4,088 Views)

Sooooo Funny thing. For about an hour today my notifications were loud again and there was no delay in call ring tone.

And now the problem is back to where we started. I am now not just irritated at this current software update but absolutley amazed as well. I will note that it's not my imagination, one of my coworkers noticed and commented on the fact that my phone was fixed. LOUD NOTIFICATION. Did moto put some kind of volume test algorithm in this update.... What is up? Is moto going to at least acknowledge this issue with a response?

Top kudoed Authors