Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leviwoods
SCSI Port
Views: 1,250
Message 281 of 971

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

Megasound I found in the play store. Go into the settings in the app and set default notification sound or can set a different sound for each app on your phone.
Leviwoods
SCSI Port
Views: 1,242
Message 282 of 971

Oh yeah when listening to preview of notification it is quite like usual . But when get an actual notification it's loud
Sknight103
Punch Card
Views: 1,107
Message 283 of 971

I found that ever since the nougat update on my Z force the earpiece speaker is very staticy. Especially when the phone is ringing but also while the other person is talking. Has anyone else noticed this?

Droidsucker
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,096
Message 284 of 971

Yes I have also noticed it. You would think for $700+ it should sound like the person is right in front of you. 

Master2873
SCSI Port
Views: 1,048
Message 285 of 971

@Droidsucker wrote:

Yes I have also noticed it. You would think for $700+ it should sound like the person is right in front of you. 

I know this was an issue for a few users before the Android 7 update. I couldn't personally say if it is for me since they seem to want to release Android 7 for the Droid Moto Z Play sometime this month, instead of the same time with Moto Z, and Z Force, regardless they were all being soaked test at the same time...

It is something now for me to keep track of though. These threads, and forums have been eye opening about the products and the company as a whole, and any information I receive from them has been taken with a grain of salt, as of late since they give me a reason to trust them as far as I could throw them...

I having to live with the issue so far, and sadly I'm getting used to it... It looks like this may never be fixed at this rate unless they show some decent signs of changing their priorities...

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Sknight103
Punch Card
Views: 1,038
Message 286 of 971

My first Moto Z-Force, before the updates, had terrible call Quality. So I returned it for the phone I have now during the 14-day exchange period. Not long after I got this phone the first update came out and one of the things it was supposed to be fixing was call quality issues. It did seem to fix those issues and I have never had a problem with call Quality on this phone until I did the nuget update earlier today. Now things are back to sounding very staticy. All of these problems could have been avoided if they just would have spent a few extra pennies to put a bottom firing speaker on the phone. What design team, in their right mind, would think it's a good idea to combine all sound into one earpiece speaker it's ludicrous! Especially for a phone at this price range!!! I guarantee the next generation of these phones will have to separate speakers.

Nickname303
SCSI Port
Views: 953
Message 287 of 971

Ok, so I got my Moto Z Play yesterday. It's still on the July update, but even so, the notification sound was noticeably quieter than on my Moto X 2014. So I downloaded Macrodroid and created a macro so that whenever I get a notification a notification sound saved as an mp3 is played. As it's notification sounds that have the low volume problem and NOT media, the volume of the notification played as an mp3 is at full volume. As a result, my notification is now too loud if anything! I posted a couple of days ago to suggest that this could possibly fix the problem of low volume notifications but got no responses. It seems that it does work. I can't believe nobody thought of this! So yeah, anybody with the low notification volume problem, use Macrodroid, Tasker or any other similar app to play a notification sound as an mp3 when you get a notification and the volume should be high for you also. Problem solved, although obviously we shouldn't have to go through this **bleep** just because Lenovo can't be bothered. I guess this would also solve the ascending ringtone problem too. Set up Tasker or whatever to play an mp3 file when you receive a call and I would imagine it would play at full volume from the start. 

Hilton1964
SCSI Port
Views: 930
Message 288 of 971

All these apps that play a tune assigned to an app notification use the media volume to play it. Yes this is a great work around.... Unless you use a Bluetooth headset, because then the media is played through the headset, if it's not in your ear you can't hear squat. It is a great work around though for those who don't use Bluetooth headsets. Thanks for the info... It is appreciated! I have used a couple of the apps mentioned when I am not using my headset, and it works great... Just have to remember that turning your ringer volume down will not silence your notifications when using these work arounds. 

On another note... The most recent device help app update fixed all the issues that it caused just from running a speaker test. Just FYI. 

☺ 

Hilton1964
SCSI Port
Views: 924
Message 289 of 971

OK... Odd thing happened today. I have an app called music player, that sounds generic but that's it's name. Anyway, I have been listening to music through my Bluetooth headset while doing some painting around the house today. Here's the thing, I have received texts, and emails throughout the day while listening to music, and they have been loud!!! Not overly loud through the headset but FROM THE PHONE!!! So I turned off the music and they went back to being quiet.... Turned the music on again and they are loud again, so I paused the music and left the app on and my notifications are rockin loud like they should be. Maybe a fluke but I have cycled through this a few times and it is consistent! 

Try it out and see if it works for you. If it does this could be a work around with no other issues other than leaving an music app run while paused.... 

Canefan
Punch Card
Views: 910
Message 290 of 971

@Hilton1964 wrote:

All these apps that play a tune assigned to an app notification use the media volume to play it. Yes this is a great work around.... Unless you use a Bluetooth headset, because then the media is played through the headset, if it's not in your ear you can't hear squat. It is a great work around though for those who don't use Bluetooth headsets. Thanks for the info... It is appreciated! I have used a couple of the apps mentioned when I am not using my headset, and it works great... Just have to remember that turning your ringer volume down will not silence your notifications when using these work arounds. 

On another note... The most recent device help app update fixed all the issues that it caused just from running a speaker test. Just FYI. 

☺ 

What update has there been for Device Help?   I'm still running version 3.0.5 which is the July update and is the latest version according to the Play Store. 

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More