Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 21 of 949 (3,297 Views)

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

Still nothing on mine. I have stopped using the phone until a fix comes out. So far no word from Matt or anyone else.  No fix and not even an acknowledgement of the problem. 

SCSI Port
Message 22 of 949 (3,292 Views)

The lack of even an acknowledgment of the problem is troubling. It appears that moto is modeling verizons customer service business model.... I sincerely hope that is not the case. 

Sorry you have stopped using your phone all together, I have not gotten to that point yet. I hope it doesn't come to that. 

SCSI Port
Message 23 of 949 (3,289 Views)

Have you received any word from Moto? Are they going to provide a time line for a fix? Are they even going to acknowledge this issue? Verizon has pretty much told me it's motos issue, (I am always suspect of anything verizon customer service says due to past experience) I am hoping to not here moto toss it in verizons lap. Any information would be appreciated, thank you.

Mike
HDMI
Message 24 of 949 (3,233 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just to add, in case someone from Moto is actually paying attention to this, the problem continues in Safe Mode so it's not an app that's doing it.  I too am quite surprised and dismayed that no one from Moto has chimed in on this problem.  At the very least, please acknowledge that you are aware of the problem and that something is in the works to fix it.

SCSI Port
Message 25 of 949 (3,224 Views)

Yes, 2 factory resets, and safe mode testing. Calls to verizon point to moto (as expected) . Where I am in dismay is that my call to moto led to the finger being pointed at Google.... After very lengthy discussions with multiple levels of support, and technical people at Google it is pretty hard to believe this is any ones problem to fix but MOTOS! 

Google was adamant! This was a security update only, they do not add, or make additional changes that are phone model / manufacturer specific. The update is released to phone manufacturer, from there it is released to the various carriers. Eventually it is released over the air to our devices. There are tweaks and customizations made at the manufacturer level for the specific device and at the carrier for their network. 

I also understand that this is a peer to peer forum that is monitored by moderators, and the occasional moto employees and techs. Please push this issue up the ladder with moto! I am really not happy that moto support is pointing the finger for a device specific issue at Google... I was at least expecting an acknowledgment of the issue and some kind of time frame for resolution, not a blatant "not our problem"...... 

Thanks 

Mike 

Fanfold Paper
Message 26 of 949 (3,193 Views)

Crickets from moto. They are almost as quiet as my notifications. 

What's DOS?
Message 27 of 949 (3,151 Views)

Interesting discovery. This doesn't help this glitch that is pissing me off, but I noticed while watching a youtube video, the notification sound was at normal level. However, once the video was stopped, the notification level was quiet again. Moto really needs to step up to the plate and figure out what happened during this update. Funny thing is, my wife and father in law also have the Z force, but they are not experiencing this issue. MOTO HELP! 

Serial Port
Message 28 of 949 (3,131 Views)

I just did some testing, it appears that when receiving calls the ringer ramps up - takes about two seconds to get to the set volume.  Since notification and call volume are linked, maybe a notifaction triggers this same code and only makes it half way up the 'ramp'?

A temporary work around is to install an app on the Play Store called Prof Reminder

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dan_ru.ProfReminder&hl=en

You can set it to repeatedly play a sound and even fire a flash until you notice and turn off the reminder.   When I tested it, I am pretty sure I remember being able to get a normal volume from it also Smiley Happy  The app has a lot of customizations that can be done to it to work around the quirks of different phones, looks and acts like a good app ... Hope this helps.

FYI - One of my favorite apps is Intelligring

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sleekbit.intelliring.full&hl=en

It changes the volume based on the ambient noise (so a call or notification is only as loud as it needs to be) and is also louder when it is in the pocket.  Worked perfectly on my Maxx.  That app is currently not working on my Z force (on receiving a call it goes to low volume and is not able to ramp up), so I will also be really glad when this problem is fixed - feels like the issues are connected.

Fanfold Paper
Message 29 of 949 (3,123 Views)

It does appear that somehow they tied the notifications to the escalating ringer. (I'm not a big fan of the escalating ringer but can live with it).  When I sample the notifications outside of an app they play fine, as does music.  However, It is only when an app (gmail, email, text) uses that notification that it plays quietly. Dark room, thanks for the suggestion but it is not a good fix for my usuage. I get about 200 emails a day and need to be notified when they come in. I can't stop what I'm doing to turn off each individual notification. I do appreciate the suggestions and it's a shame moto can't do anything to help us. 

Serial Port
Message 30 of 949 (3,106 Views)

[ Edited ]

mkraft3333 wrote:

It does appear that somehow they tied the notifications to the escalating ringer. (I'm not a big fan of the escalating ringer but can live with it).  When I sample the notifications outside of an app they play fine, as does music.  However, It is only when an app (gmail, email, text) uses that notification that it plays quietly. Dark room, thanks for the suggestion but it is not a good fix for my usuage. I get about 200 emails a day and need to be notified when they come in. I can't stop what I'm doing to turn off each individual notification. I do appreciate the suggestions and it's a shame moto can't do anything to help us. 

You can set it to repeat x amount of times for x long.... So you could have it ring once and not have to turn off the notification reminder 

It can even fire either the front or back flash to get your attention, and you can create different profiles for different times of the day and different days of the week 

Top Kudoed Authors