Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 941 of 949 (580 Views)

Re: Quiet notifications moto z

By the way the problem resolution is still wrong and is not solved as confirmed by the support center.

SCSI Port
Message 942 of 949 (550 Views)

JMHubbard wrote:

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with the Lenovo/Motorola support center.  I talked to a supervisor and he indicated this is a known issue that if it is resolved it will be resolved in the next major upgrade i.e. 8.x. Until then live with it.  I am so disappointed.

That doesn't even make sense... They dropped the update to fix the devices (which mine is fixed) before Android 7 even dropped on the Moto Z Play (the one I own at least the Verizon Droid)... They're also in the process of soak testing the Moto Z Play, and Z2 Play for Android 7.1.1 as we speak, which will also drop Moto Mods version 2 to support more mods that haven't been announced. So this would be considered VERY much a major upgrade, as it will change the devices heavily with the newer mods, and be one of the earlier phones on the market to be running Android 7.1.1 along with the Z2 Play.

Out of all the things that don't make sense to me, is how the fix isn't working for others... I've even seen a few people talk about Verizon on here meaning, they got the Droid versions (the one I have) and the OTA update to fix that issue I obviously have, and works perfectly, besides the dumb escelating ringtone they decide to force on people that is vastly interfering with the alarms on the devices... I'm still unsure of their plans and timeframe for the Z, and Z Force to be getting Android 7.1.1

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 943 of 949 (493 Views)

Unchecking the battery optimization on the apps that required volume (clock, etc.) did the trick for me. It's been working reliably ever since. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 944 of 949 (483 Views)

It worked perfectly for me too and I've not noticed any difference in my battery either. I'm happy it worked for you.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 945 of 949 (431 Views)

Turning off battery optimization worked like a charm. Until this morning when it happened again.

The only truly reliable solution is to use a tone with vibrate --assuming you can hear that....

Rhonda, sorry to disappoint.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 946 of 949 (406 Views)

It turns out that my sound setting *within* the clock app was turned to zero volume. (Why have an alarm and no noise? Really?!). In any case, the earlier solution of turning off battery optimization for the clock app still stands. (Good news, eh Rhonda?)

Fanfold Paper
Message 947 of 949 (381 Views)

That is great news, I was wondering what happened cause mine is still working. I'm so glad to hear that.

Fanfold Paper
Message 948 of 949 (306 Views)

Is the proposed fix released yet? My phone has the latest software, but still shows the problem.

I'm currently thinking about returning it, since a phone that does not sound notifications properly is pretty much useless.

Too bad, since it's such a nice phone besides this problem...

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 949 of 949 (246 Views)

I've heard nothing of an official solution actually being proposed.

However, I urge you to turn off battery optimization specifically for your alarm app and see if the problem recurs. 

Top Kudoed Authors