Did you mean: 
roshanpatidar
Paper Tape
Views: 15,155
Message 1 of 109

Shipment stuck in customs

Mark,

I am really disappointed in purchasing lenovo laptop since i haven't received
the laptop yet.Can you please reply me on my below queries.

1) The shipment was shipped from china and has arrived to us as per the UPS delivery
service and is pending with customs for past 10 days for clearance.When i inquired to UPS about the reason for the pending,they told me that they require invoice details from LEnovo and they have already notified Lenovo.
Can you please let me know why the invoice is still not delivered to UPS or why the item
is still pending for clearance?when can i expect the laptop to be delivered.
2) I purchased this laptop for my official work and i can't wait for more delays as it
is affecting my official work.Also i wasn't notified that the order will be shipped other than US
since this is causing the major delay in clearance.

3) If lenevo provides better customer service then why don't they provide replacements if they knew

that the shipments are delayed and they have already charged the customer

Please do the needful as soon as possible. 
Order Number- 2E0DVF

mercm525i
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,038
Message 2 of 109

also Re: Shipment stuck in customs

Mark I am also in the same scenario. My package was finally out for delivery yesterday and then it went back to LOUISVILLE, KY and UPS claimed it never cleared customs, which makes me wonder why it was sent out to delivery in the first place. It is undergoing a "Pilot Test" from customs and is being held and no one knows what is going on anymore. Let me know what information you need from me if you can help process this package through customs otherwise I will cancel the order. Thank you.
mercm525i
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,026
Message 3 of 109

Re: also Re: Shipment stuck in customs

I just got a call from customs, what is delaying the package(s) are the invoices. They said Lenovo ships out groups of 100-200 packages and that the "master invoice" is missing. They have the individual invoices but the master invoice is missing. I wish I never made business with Lenovo and can assure will never again. I am going to be on travel for work and needed this laptop very badly. Mark is there any update or anything you can do?

mercm525i
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,018
Message 4 of 109

Bulk Lenovo orders stuck in customs

Is there any one here that is still waiting to receive their package from lenovo due to customs. Customs called me a few minutes ago and said there is a bulk shipment from Lenovo that is missing the master invoice. So apparently there are about 200 packages waiting for customs.

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 15,001
Message 5 of 109

Re: Bulk Lenovo orders stuck in customs

roshanpatidar and mercm525i - welcome to the forum!

have you called lenovo sales to inquire about your shipments?   if not, i suggest doing so as they will have access to the latest information available.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

Former Administrator
Views: 14,992
Message 6 of 109

mercm525i,

I received your PM, but will need to know your order number in order to pursue other than with a general inquiry into the situation.  I'm sure we can get this resolved - shipments arrive in bulk and then are sent on to their final destinations. 

I can see this is an urgent situation for you by the short time interval between your posts.  I would just ask for a bit of patience as we work to get this cleared up.  Obviously this is a priority matter.

Thanks for sharing your concerns and letting us know about the situation..

roshanpatidar,

Doing a bit of follow up, I note that your system was delivered on 12/7.   Did you receive it yet?

Best regards,

Mark

mercm525i
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,986
Message 7 of 109

Mark I have PM'ed you with my order number. Please let me know what you hear. I can't believe it came 1 mile from my house and left back to Louisville, KY due to customs. I greatly appreciate your help on this Mark.

mercm525i
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,883
Message 8 of 109

Yet again for a second time, my package has been "out for delivery" literally 1 mile away from me and then sent back to Lousiville, KY to clear customs and UPS says "they are working directly with Lenovo" and Lenovo says they already sent the invoice. So I have no idea what is going on or what to do anymore...I have 10 IMPORT SCANS to Lousville, KY. Mark, any updates?

Former Administrator
Views: 14,846
Message 9 of 109

All,

I'm informed that the master invoice issue has been resolved, and the orders on this shipment should now clear customs and reship to their final destinations on Monday.

I apologize again to those who have been delayed by this invoice reconcillation issue, especially mercm525i.

Best regards,

Mark

vickram
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,844
Message 10 of 109

mine was showing the status as shipped  on 12/9, when i spoke with ups today morning , they put me through 3 different departments to finally tell me that , the laptop is waiting for customs clearance and they dont have any definite date of delivery until the custom clearance is finished, was hoping i would get it by friday ( way too optimistic i guess), hope this is not another scenario of missing papers.

Top Kudoed Authors