Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ceje
Paper Tape
Views: 3,915
Message 361 of 372

Yoga 900-13isk for biz and linux

Good evening, this week I bought a Laptop Lenovo Yoga 900-13 isk for biz. I tried to install Linuxmint from a USB flash drive, but Linuxmint does not detect my hard drive Raid. I found information on other websites that had to update my Bios with a special version "Linux". I downloaded this Bios on the Lenovo site, but the exe does not want to start because my original Bios is more recent. Thank you for your help. (I speak French and translated by a translation site)

Bios Insyde.PNG

Mod Edit: Moved to english community.

Moderator note: and moved again to existing thread.

RusNeuroMancer
Punch Card
Views: 3,796
Message 362 of 372

Re: Yoga 900-13isk for biz and linux

Ask Lenovo tech. support for newer Linux BIOS.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,768
Message 363 of 372

@ceje wrote:

Good evening, this week I bought a Laptop Lenovo Yoga 900-13 isk for biz. I tried to install Linuxmint from a USB flash drive, but Linuxmint does not detect my hard drive Raid. I found information on other websites that had to update my Bios with a special version "Linux". I downloaded this Bios on the Lenovo site, but the exe does not want to start because my original Bios is more recent. Thank you for your help. (I speak French and translated by a translation site)

As mentioned on the previous page, enable the "flash back" option in BIOS:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Linux-Discussion/Yoga-900-13ISK2-BIOS-update-for-setting-RAID-mode-for-...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

natv
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,748
Message 364 of 372

Re: Yoga 900-13ISK2 - BIOS update for setting RAID mode for missing hard drive on linux install

So question... now that I'm running on this custom BIOS (Linux runs great btw!)

Does this mean there's no way to boot Windows now? I'm thinking of doing a dual-boot or booting from a USB drive.  I prefer the USB drive boot since my internal SSD drive doesn't have a lot of room left.

So I tried that (I created a bootable Windows USB 3.0 stick) but it blue screens with a STOP error when I try to boot into Windows.  (I used "WintoUSB" to burn Windows 7 to it)

This same USB stick works fine in a different laptop I tested it with, so I'm guessing it's this BIOS, and so the question is - is there a way to dual-boot Linux / Windows with this BIOS?

Thanks

ceje
Paper Tape
Views: 3,610
Message 365 of 372

Good evening, Thank you for your help. I was able to install Linuxmint in Dualboot with WIndows 10. Good evening ceje
virgosun
Token Ring
Views: 3,420
Message 366 of 372

Re: Yoga 900 - BIOS update for setting RAID mode for missing hard drive on linux install

IMG_20170117_204742.jpgmoded

virgosun
Token Ring
Views: 3,418
Message 367 of 372

Re: Yoga 900 - BIOS update for setting RAID mode for missing hard drive on linux install

glenn900
What's DOS?
Views: 3,111
Message 368 of 372

Re: Yoga 900-13ISK2 - BIOS update for setting RAID mode for missing hard drive on linux install

Hi there,

Can you explain please how to install Linux on a Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK2?

Thanks,

pruna
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,713
Message 369 of 372

I'd like to thanks the community for your involvment and actions to push for a solution, and sharing your experiences. I was able to setup a double boot fast & easy now. As soon as I complete a good experience with Linux, I'll get it as a single boot :-)

Regards,

Flashfreddy
What's DOS?
Views: 912
Message 370 of 372

I bought my Ideapad 510-15ISK with sales staff guarantees it would run Linux out of the box. I then had to travel overseas and Officeworks stalled me until returning it was unreasonable; Out of the box, Yeh right, it's my first & LAST Lenovo machine; they've sold out to Soft Micros. A shame because the machine has some good points like the software managment idea that is mandatory to stop windows bluescreening every two weeks.

Top Kudoed Authors