Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 11 of 13 (1,121 Views)

Re: Bug report: Power Manager causes slow performance after resuming from hibernation

Ah, well it seems that the S series laptops have a slightly different program (Energy Manager vs Power Manager). It does not seem to be as nice as the one provided with the X series laptops, but I don't know whether you can install the X series program on S series laptops.

As far as I can tell, Windows actually does all of the power managerment, with the exception of battery charge thresholds. The only difference is that Lenovo provides a different interface. I'm not against the Windows interface, I just prefer Lenovo Power Manager (although I would change a lot about it if I could). Use Enery Manager (but disable Fast Hibernation Resume) if you like it (or if you don't like it but need charge thresholds). If you don't like Energy Manager, use "Power Options" in the Windows control panel, and uninstall the Lenovo one if you feel it's wasting space.

What's DOS?
Message 12 of 13 (891 Views)

Re: Bug report: Power Manager causes slow performance after resuming from hibernation

I also had this problem for ages. As Firefox is the last and first thing I see I filled a bug with them and only eventually someone pointed me to this ... bug. There really should be something in place within the "manager" to prevent this from happening, especially as this issue seems to be around for at least three years.
TBH, this rather costs reputation points for lenovo as I really doubted the machine already.
Paper Tape
Message 13 of 13 (778 Views)

Dear Lenovo,

This is the first time in my life that I write a complaint message to a company. You have managed to make me angry. Congratulations!

This "Fast Hibernation Resume" feature of yours has cost me ten or more minutes every single day since I own my Lenovo laptop. I blamed Windows, the hardware (especially the disk), the drivers, the installed applications, everything. And now, after finally finding this thread (guess how many hits you get in Google when searching for the symptoms), it turns out that the problem was one of your own tools.

Lenovo, this is a big, big, big fail. You knew about it since 2013 and you never considered to fix it? How professional. Shame on you.

Do you know how many times in the past 1.5 years I have advised friends and colleagues against buying a Lenovo laptop because of this bug? ("Sorry guys, I have to wait 5 minutes before I can show you the presentation")

And, as Justin_KM wrote one year ago, the feature is completely useless. The amount of data written to the disk stays the same.

Big fail, guys.

A T530 owner.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count