cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TwhiteInCo
Paper Tape
Message 10 of 1,156

Re: Yoga 2 Pro 13 Yellow Color Issues

I have the same issue as others.  On my HP Pavilion the bright yellow in Paint is very muted, pale and greenish brown on the Yoga 2 Pro.  As I design websites, I don't see this working out well.

TwhiteInCo
Paper Tape
Message 11 of 1,156

I have both the Y2P and the AB9+ and the yellow on the Y2P is very pale and much greener than on the AB9+.
dustindw
Fanfold Paper
Message 13 of 1,156

TwhiteInCo wrote:

Took a photo comparing my HP Pavilion and the Y2P (in front).  Huge difference in color!

Pic2.jpg

This is a great comparison photo, and gets the yellow on the Yoga 2 Pro pretty close to what I'm seeing in person.  Thank you, TwhiteInCo!

wgrose
Paper Tape
Message 14 of 1,156

Same issue here. Just did a calibration with the i1 Display Pro, and it did NOT fix this problem. Smiley Sad 

Picked up my Yoga 2 from Best Buy today, manufactured 9/29/13. This is a shame. Smiley Sad

wgrose
Paper Tape
Message 15 of 1,156

Heck, you can tell something is wrong just from the "O" in "Google" when you go to google.com .

I really hope this can be fixed. Otherwise it's going back to the store. Smiley Sad

gillettacus
Paper Tape
Message 16 of 1,156

Wanted to add another to the list. Same greenish yellow problem. Unable to calibrate it. Mfg date 9/29/13

A response from Lenovo would be fantastic!

wgrose
Paper Tape
Message 17 of 1,156

I decided I'm done with the Yoga 2. It's a shame, but really, who has time to wait around for this to be fixed when an IPS is crying out to be calibrated (which this can't) and then used for photo work. 

I'm returning it tomorrow. Very disappointed. 

thehesiod
Blue Screen Again
Message 18 of 1,156

Having the same problem.  As soon as I installed Chrome I realized something was very wrong with yellow.  If I don't hear of a fix before the BB return period ends I'll be returning it as well.  I'm really hoping they come out with a firmware fix because besides that I'm really loving it.

<edit>

Just saw this review:  http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-thinkpad...  with an interesting quote "Interestingly, Lenovo is pitching the ThinkPad Yoga 2 Pro at the professional crowd. With its improved display it will be hoping that creatives choose it over the MacBook Pro"

lets hope it can still achieve those goals

Former Administrator
Message 19 of 1,156

All,

Thanks for noting this and for the pics here and on NBR.  I'm still reading through the section on NBR...

Has anyone made an external display connection and if so, how is the output color on an external display?

(you may have in the comparisons to 'normal desktop display' - I'm just checking to make sure the signal producing those was from the yoga rather than another system)

Also, would anyone be willing to let us take a look at their system for comparison?  Please PM me your contact info and the type and serial number number on the bottom of the unit.

Best regards,

Mark

TwhiteInCo
Paper Tape
Message 20 of 1,156

Mark I sent you a PM.  When I drag items over to my external monitor the color issues disappear meaning bright yellow is truly bright yellow on the external monitor.

Top Kudoed Authors