cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iceq
Serial Port
Views: 3,476
Message 11 of 18

Re: Still looking for a Stylus for Yoga 510-14IKB. Is it capacitative or digitizer?

I've bought 3 variations, they should take about 3 weeks to arrive, will report to you when I test them.
Thanks all
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,472
Message 12 of 18

Re: Still looking for a Stylus for Yoga 510-14IKB. Is it capacitative or digitizer?

I never used any so I will be interested to read what you think.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 3,447
Message 13 of 18

I got my stylus (see previous post for model).
It works slightly better on the screen than my finger. Glides smooth, no smudges, no sound, and no scratches on the screen (even with slightly harder than normal pressure). The build quality is good. It has a very tight weave on the tip. The extra 2 tips are a great bonus. A couple times during testing it didn't register my press but since that happens with my finger as well, I couldn't knock the stylus.
All in all a great buy for the price. Time will tell how well it wears.

iceq
Serial Port
Views: 3,412
Message 14 of 18

Thank you. 

Not sure why pay $6 for a stylus that offers the same functinoality and is built the same way as other $1 styluses available. 

What I am wondering about is: Does a larger capacitive stylus head mean a thicker line when drawing? 

In other words, does a stylus with a smaller rubber surface mean more precise line when drawing? 

Or , no matter how large the drawing point is, the line will be the same, as opposed to active styluses which probably makes thicker line as you press stronger? 

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 3,404
Message 15 of 18

I went with the $6 one because of the great reviews and better build quality (supposedly). The cheaper ones have complaints about skipping, squeaking, and wearing out fast.
Thickness of line will depend on the program. I only tested with MS paint and I didn't see any difference between different pressures. The thick head of the stylus I got writes a very thin line if I select pencil in MS paint. Of course it's thicker when selecting marker or paint brush. I'm afraid you'll need a Wacom digitizer enabled screen and stylus if you want more.
gui41
Paper Tape
Views: 3,256
Message 16 of 18

Hi guys! I read everything you said, but I'm still not sure wich one will work on lenovo yoga 510. On ebay I find this pen: http://www.ebay.com/itm/361657964310?ul_noapp=true, should it work? Thank you.

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 3,243
Message 17 of 18

They all will 'work' but without a wacom digitizer in the screen it won't be any better than your finger. Well, maybe a little better because of no smudges.

virgosun
Token Ring
Views: 3,236
Message 18 of 18

As I said to you, any think less than 20$ will not work (stop, gaps), not all pen more than 20$ will work though. I recommand Jot Pro for great drawing experience.

You said you would order a Jot Pro first so pls share your feedback.

All 500/510/700/710/900/910 are on the same boat

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors