Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 11 of 653 (3,961 Views)

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Pro: Serious memory issues (bug report)

[ Edited ]

Hm, give this a try: when the tablet is really laggy, limit backgrund processes to 1. Don't restart! After this my YT3P runs smooth. Sure this can't be the solution b/c this could prevent important tasks from running, such as syncing email. But it helps for the moment. Can someone of you try this and give me some feedback if this helps on your tablet, too? Because if this is a hint, it would be worth to dig a little deeper into the running proceses and make some tests to see what background task slows the whole thing down....

Cheers,

Christoph

BTW: no chance to compile the Android OS from the Lenovo download page. Lame... Smiley Sad

Punch Card
Message 12 of 653 (3,900 Views)

Yes I can confirm the slowness of the device. Google chrome is neither able to keep in memory two tabs at the same time. It's a shame lenovo. If it hasn't already passed the 14 days for a refundrefund I would chose that option. Any cheaper Samsung tablet runs faster than this without considering that any pico projector would have been the deal which leaded us to buy this crape.
SCSI Port
Message 13 of 653 (3,845 Views)

Also having this annoying problem. Just took 20mins to register on this site due to the lag and there is a 5-20sec delay on typed text appearing on the screen. All the games I have downloaded from play store are force closing. Like all others my kernel is hogging 1.3gb ram and sat at critical ram usage most of the time. Screen also flickering randomly. Hope this gets sorted soon as I love the potential of this device but at the moment its the worst android device I have ever owned.

Cmon lenovo !!

Paper Tape
Message 14 of 653 (3,838 Views)

Megzy wrote:

Also having this annoying problem. Just took 20mins to register on this site due to the lag and there is a 5-20sec delay on typed text appearing on the screen. All the games I have downloaded from play store are force closing. Like all others my kernel is hogging 1.3gb ram and sat at critical ram usage most of the time. Screen also flickering randomly. Hope this gets sorted soon as I love the potential of this device but at the moment its the worst android device I have ever owned.

Cmon lenovo !!

I for one is done waiting on Lenovo. If this tablet was $250.00, I wouldn't mind the glitches. But this is a $500.00 tablet, as much as a Samsung, Sony, Apple, and Surface 3 tablets. For these simple issues to occur on this tablet and for Lenovo to do anything is disgusting. At least acknowledge that you are aware, you created this site for things like this and you have moderators monitoring what we are reporting about the device. I'm taking this junk back and get my money back. I'll buy the Asus Zenpad...299.00 and more memory and RAM and the remaining money buy a pico projector. Problem solved.

SCSI Port
Message 15 of 653 (3,776 Views)

Can we please have an admin response on this thread. Confirm that this bug is being worked on? Many threads now in the forum reporting the same things. Obviously a universal problem.

SCSI Port
Message 16 of 653 (3,685 Views)

Bump for admin atttention. 

Screenshot of process stats in dev mode settings.

Screenshot

Jmi
Punch Card
Message 17 of 653 (3,673 Views)

Also having these same issues, makes it practically unusable.  Will be returning my tablet if not resolved very soon.  To bad, it is otherwise awesome.

Punch Card
Message 18 of 653 (3,656 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello guys. Here I have your same issues. My kernel memory usage stops at 1.0 gb but the tablet is unusable at all the same. It is how the tablet weren't able to address memory properly. If you consider the free memory left. 900mb should be enough to view a simple web page with chrome without force the app refreshing data.

What should be our best strategy in order to preserve our  purchase and money waste ?

1) send back our buggy devices to lenovo, via assistance centers that act as collecting points, assuming there is an hardware issue (I.e. bad ram on board)

2) wait for a software update (a big one) with the official excuses by lenovo for having released an alpha test model on the market?

3) begin to organise a legal classaction sharing our emails on the forum?

Please lenovo. Your answer is requested now.

Punch Card
Message 19 of 653 (3,647 Views)

Jmi. Can you still return your tablet? Are you in 14 days since your purchase?
Jmi
Punch Card
Message 20 of 653 (3,605 Views)

Hi Dcoppelino, I believe I can still return it.  I am going to call lenovo support today and will report back if anything.

Top kudoed Authors