Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 21 of 650 (2,369 Views)

Re: Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Pro: Serious memory issues (bug report)

My average kernel memory consumption is also high, at 1.1 GB, but my device doesn't seem to be experiencing the issues quite as badly as many of you... Device memory is hitting critical about 13% of the time.  I also did a factory data reset early on as I was having some issues,  and did all UI upgrades prior to installing apps which seemed to help somewhat. 

Jmi
Punch Card
Message 22 of 650 (2,355 Views)

Screen shots of my memory usage.  I have additionally disabled all animations to reduce but not eliminate problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/flswxi5vxocg7cz/Screenshot_2015-12-28-12-34-22-089.jpeg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv12qs3f7ueye0i/Screenshot_2015-12-28-12-33-02-268.jpeg?dl=0

Jmi
Punch Card
Message 23 of 650 (2,346 Views)

I am on hold at customer service.  The warranty department confirmed a factory reset did not resolve it and transferred me to premium software support who offered to either charge me more to discuss it or to transfer me back to warranty! I am holding for the supervisor, let us see! 

Jmi
Punch Card
Message 24 of 650 (2,335 Views)

[ Edited ]

An agent named Hannah at the premium software support centre has had me on hold until now (45 min).  I hope they are writing the final patches for a 6.0 upgrade, but I fear they have only forgotten me.   

Jmi
Punch Card
Message 25 of 650 (2,330 Views)

The call was disconnected after waiting on hold for one hour. 

SCSI Port
Message 26 of 650 (2,322 Views)

me too, maybe this is why Firefox exits

Firefox for Android crashes almost immediately on my new Yoga Tablet 3 Pro (e.g. load bbc.com/news and scroll down). I found the thread Poor browser performance and crashing on Yoga Tab 3 pro and added to it. But maybe this memory problem is the real issue. I followed the steps and my Kernel is at 1.2 GB with "Kernel caches" at 709 MB. In that "Process Stats", Firefox for Android Nightly shows Maximum RAM use is 136 MB, so this isn't an issue with a a bloated browser.

SInce Christmas, I have installed four Lenovo updates, as I recall two 100+MB ones then two smaller ones. The tablet restarted and optimized 120 applications each time.

I ordered the thing December 13 and it arrived December 17. Should I return it? A browser that can't browse makes this thing an expensive black mirror.

Firefox for Android works perfectly on my 2013 Moto X phone, which for what it's worth reports Kernel at 228 MB and Kernel caches at 57 MB. It also only spent 8 seconds in "Critical" memory state, while this Yoga Tab 3 Pro has spent 14 minutes in Critical memory state.

SCSI Port
Message 27 of 650 (2,229 Views)

Re: me too, maybe this is why Firefox exits

[ Edited ]

No admins on the forums to reply here? I can't return my tab any more as It was a Christmas present and i didn't switch it on until after my return period expired.

I'm gonna give it another day for an admin response then I'm taking this issue to as many review sites as I can find. 

Mod's Edit: Edited posting to conform to Forum Guidelines in regards to campaigning. 

802.11n
Message 28 of 650 (2,217 Views)

Don't hold your breath waiting for a Lenovo support employee to respond.  This forum is mostly customer-to-customer with minimal response from Lenovo employees.

Megzy wrote:

I can't return my tab any more as It was a Christmas present and i didn't switch it on until after my return period expired

Not sure what your merchant's return policies are, but in the US some retailers like Best Buy have special rules around Christmas time.  They allow returns for 14 days after Christmas Instead of 14 days after date of purchase.  It may be worth checking with the place where your device was purchased.

---------------------------------------------------------
Not a Lenovo employee, just a customer.
Yoga Tablet 2 830F, Tablet 2 A8-50
SCSI Port
Message 29 of 650 (2,214 Views)

[ Edited ]

We have no bug report option. Their support line will not admit to a faulty firmware and attempt to charge for "tech support" ha. This forum is the only place to report any problems and I've seen a few posts where Admins have posted to say that bugs are being fixed in new updates.

Please point me in the direction to get some answers if I'm the wrong place.

I've checked if I can return and I can't :\ I would be sat here with a galaxy tab instead if that was the case lol.

Thanks for Editting my post BTW majestic. If you could message one of your admin buddies that would be swell.

Jmi
Punch Card
Message 30 of 650 (2,141 Views)

Well I called back yesterday to enquire about returning my tablet.  It appears we are in the holiday period so there is a longer period to make returns, I have until the first days of January to start the process, I was informed.  

I seem to have got a nice agent for the return, she listened to the technical issues I described that we have all been having and added a note to my file about this forum, then scheduled me a call back from tech support.  When they called, I described the issues, and once he confirmed that a factory reset did not solve the issue, I requested he put me through to level two tech support.  He asked me why I was making that request, I reiterated the points made in the forum about this affecting numerous people, and he did indeed transfer me.

I spoke with a level 2 supervisor, I think named Josh but I'm not sure, who took the time to read through the notes of the call and read through the forum topic!  He expressed his surprise that no admin had yet intervened, and mentioned that he would make sure that someone did reply on this forum topic.  He confirmed to me that tech support was aware of the problem.  He told me that he had sent an email to request a ticket number which would be created in the next 48 hrs and posted here as soon as it is created.   

So that may be something, I hope we hear something new from Lenovo on this forum by tomorrow afternoon.

I found out that, even without purchasing additional warranty coverage, I have support till 2017.  Perhaps others here have that also?  Scheduling a support call back through their website seems to be what their returns department used and, while time consuming, if others did this too, it might further bring their attention to the problem, if we haven't had an official acknowledgement of the issue here by tomorrow.  I think it would be important for others to also try to get through to level 2 support, by explaining the situation to the level 1 rep and then making the explicit request to speak to level 2.

Thoughts?

Top Kudoed Authors