Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 701 of 710 (2,098 Views)

Re: [ROM][ICS]Ideapad K1 Official Release

khanning wrote:

Here is a switched around version of CWM to accomodate those of you having home button issues.

http://goo.im/devs/khanning/lenovo/k1/recovery.img

Keylayout

Select - Power Button

Back - Vol +

Down - Vol -

(There is no Up button since you need a way to go back. Just cycle around using down if you have to)

The easy way to flash would be to just replace the recovery.img in the nvflash package with this one. If you don't want to lose your data and your device is rooted you can do the following.

Move recovery.img to /sdcard

Open a root terminal or adb shell and run:

cd /sdcard

cat /dev/zero > /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1

Thats it. You should have a switched around version of CWM installed. Let me know how it works. 

Also, krook1 has completed a cm10 port that appears exremely functional. Check it out here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1825176

Hello there sir khanning, can u please upload the recovery.img because the link is not working.

Blue Screen Again
Message 702 of 710 (1,745 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have installed the official ICS 4.03 rom thru nvflash on my lenovo Ideapad k1 3G tablet. But, now I want to go back to the original Honeycomb 3.1 version. I have the original Honeycomb 3.1 image downloaded and  tried flashing it. It did not work. The command window says "USB device not found". I have installed all the drivers correctly and still it doesn't flash. 

Pls help...

What's DOS?
Message 703 of 710 (1,689 Views)

Hi fourdragons. I was recently troubleshooting a K1 for someone and was looking for the stock rom for flashing, but in the process noticed you had posted this question a few weeks ago but with no responses. Have you resolved your issue yet?

Former Administrator
Message 704 of 710 (1,683 Views)

Fourdragons,

I assume you followed the steps in this KB article carefully?   Perhaps you can go through it again?

Are you using a Windows 7 PC to do the flash?  I believe there is a USB driver that needs to be loaded on the PC.  Could that be missing?

Mark

Blue Screen Again
Message 705 of 710 (1,670 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response on the issue. I did go thru the Lenovo K1 Recovery topic. Tried flahsing it on another pc with Windows 7 Ultimate x86, the nvidia USB device has been installed succesfully, but it wont flash the image, don't know why. Tried it in one of my friends Widows 7 system, still no use.  Not able to locate where the problem actually is. I believe we cannot go back to the previous rom after installing a new rom with a new kernel. 

Thank you

Blue Screen Again
Message 706 of 710 (1,667 Views)

Hi tiana,

Thanks for looking up on my issue. I haven't resolved the issue yet, it is still on and its bugging me a lot. 

Is there any other way of installing the Original ROM onto the k1 tablet?

Waiting for answers and help.

Thank you

What's DOS?
Message 707 of 710 (1,616 Views)

The links are dead.  Anyplace else?

Paper Tape
Message 708 of 710 (1,356 Views)

I've tried to download some of the roms but I get the error 404 cant find page if you know where I can fine the rom that includes google apps

What's DOS?
Message 709 of 710 (1,096 Views)

Please, some help!!! the links do not work and I have also tried the official open sourse code, tried to follow the instruction from the pdf but there are files missing, and I don't know what to do. It could be nice to have Gapps, too.
Is there a way to get some help???

Paper Tape
Message 710 of 710 (892 Views)

Can you repost these downloads? Or let me know where i can find them.  I need to relead them onto my K1 tablet and I lost the files I had from 2012.

Top kudoed Authors