Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lenovo Staff
Message 19 of 253 (17,249 Views)

Yoga Tablet 2 10 1051 Windows 8.1 Frozen - Won't turn on after sleep

[ Edited ]

I combined several threads where customers report that after their Yoga Tablet 2 10 1051 tablet goes into sleep mode, it does not come out of it immediately when the power button is tapped.

I am investigating these reports, and will provide updates as this investigation develops.

Thank you,

3/9/15 EDIT: Moved to front of discussion for escalation purposes. Amy_Lenovo

Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 253 (17,420 Views)

Yoga 10 2 Windows freezes when plugged on power

Hi! I bought a brand new Yoga 2 10 with Windows but when I plug in to charge its battery, it freezes in the lock screen. I already updated everything that was available through Windows Update.

It's the second time I charge it and it's the second time it freezes. The tablet is working fine and does not freezes in any other situation.

What should I do? Any ideas?

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 253 (19,643 Views)

Yoga Tablet 2 10 Windows won't turn on after self sleep

After tablet goes to sleep due to no use it wont turn on back when pressin power button. Agterv some time (could be hours) and multiply presses on power button it turns on for some reason. Can't really figure out any preconditions ore sequences. But it happens almost every time it stays in sleeep mode for a long time, which is extremely annoying as tablet can't be use same moment when it is needed.

Token Ring
Message 3 of 253 (19,547 Views)

Re: Yoga Tablet 2 10 Windows won't turn on after self sleep

Start by checking that your power button is mapped correctly in the power management settings.

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options, click on change advanced power settings to check this and your other behavior related to computer sleep.
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 253 (19,520 Views)

I have the exact same problem.  It also dies very fast in sleep mode.  In four hours it will go from a full charge to dead, then it refuses to turn back on even after it is charged.  I had to hold the power button down for sixty-four seconds to perform a soft reset to get it to turn back on.  Then I reset it to factory but it did it again.  Called customer service, they said to send it in or take it back to the store.  Thinking I might return it and get something else if I am not the only one having this issue.

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 253 (19,474 Views)

You're not alone.

Mine just did a similar dive to dark today.  I managed to get it to respond a couple of times, but it would not complete a refresh or a reset.  I just tried holding the power button in for over a minute, and got nothing.  The tablet is DEAD.  BRICKED.  Unless there are some answers here, I'm sending it back under warranty, I guess.

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 253 (19,396 Views)

So this is not a one time issue. I decided to give this tablet one more chance and traded my problem tablet in for a new one. Worked great for a few days, then when the battery died, the tablet refused to turn back on after it was charged. Again I had to hold the power button down for 64 seconds to perform a soft reset. Come on Lenovo we three can not be the only ones experiencing this problem and calling customer service gets you nowhere. This issue needs to be addressed.
Punch Card
Message 7 of 253 (19,065 Views)

I have tried a hard reset. So far it work fine...You might want to give a try...of course its alot of hassle as you need to reinstall all your apps..where i have sacrify that as i try to find out if its due to the version upgrade that causing it.

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 253 (18,921 Views)

Hi all! i'm from Singapore.

I'm also facing this issue right now! it dies off during charging .
Paper Tape
Message 9 of 253 (18,722 Views)

It also happen to my new Yoga Tablets 2 830LC (android) which is received yesterday. Latest system updated, fully charged, left overnight and cannot turn on this morning. Tried abt 20 mins keep pressing the the power button, finally restart and turn on.

Lenovo,

If you are not ready, don't release it !!!

Top Kudoed Authors