Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 10 of 254 (9,275 Views)

Re: Miix 2 Touchscreen failure

Okay, contacted the support today, the guy advised me to return the device to my distributor because of an hardware failure. I did that, got a new one... again problems with the touchscreen, especially in combination with the keyboard dock. That can't be an hardware-problem.

And sorry, I couldn't ask them about sending it to them, I live in Germany, can't tell you anything about your region.

Fanfold Paper
Message 11 of 254 (9,092 Views)

That's ok. Did they mention something about mail support or is it really phone exclusive?
Fanfold Paper
Message 12 of 254 (9,079 Views)

No, sorry, I think the only direct way is to call them.

Former Employee
Message 13 of 254 (9,065 Views)

Hi all,

Thanks for posting. I was reading through your post and was wondering could you try updating the driver from the below link. I'm not particularly sure if this is the solution but I'd like eliminate the possibilities.

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/fabd17ww.exe

Hope this helps, and please do post back your results.

Regards

Fanfold Paper
Message 14 of 254 (9,057 Views)

Hey NINE,

for which devices is this driver? The MIIX 2 8, the MIIX 2 10 or both?
Former Employee
Message 15 of 254 (9,047 Views)

Hi Schpammer,

My apologies, the driver posted is for the MIIX 2 10".

Regards
Fanfold Paper
Message 16 of 254 (9,043 Views)

I installed it, it said that the newest driver is allready installed, but I continued to install it. Didn't solved the problem.

Booting with the dock connected leads to the death of the touchscreen, after (some) reboots without the dock the screen is working quite well, putting it into the dock again the touchscreen stops working again, pulling it out of the dock -> screen is working again.

Oh, and booting with the dock leads to an error, I checked it in the device manager: Touchscreen is not listed under HID-Devices and the I2C HID-Device got an error (sometimes code 10, device cannot be started 'A request for the HID descriptor failed' and sometimes code 43)

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Token Ring
Message 17 of 254 (9,031 Views)

[ Edited ]

I can feel your pain guys.

My 1st and 3rd Miix 2 10" were not affected by this issue, not even once. They're affected by other, unique issues though...

My 2nd Miix 2 10" was affected by temperamental touch screen. Reading this thread felt like dejavu. Touch kept freezing at random intervals for me. Sometimes it went fine for hours other times it failed 3x in like 5 minutes. Totally and completely random. There were two ways to bring touch back to life again for some time:

1. Force reboot. Meh.

2. Connect external keyboard, remove HID touch and I2C in device manager, detect new hardware, repeat 0-1x until touch works again. You could notice front web cam led blinking during the I2C restart.

I could have reliably provoke this problem to happen with 2nd tablet. Any single time I want. Open notepad, open virtual keyboard and start typing with 10 fingers rapidly like mad. Withing 5s-60s the touch is gone. I couldn't stand this anymore, returned the tablet, grabbed a new one and never looked back. I'd recommend you to take the same route.

This makes me to believe the reason for this is actually HW defect or firmware defect, assuming different tablets might be shipped with different touch firmwares, which alone sounds suspicious.

===

Also there's no point whatsoever to download drivers from Lenovo site (incl. the one posted above) atm. All of them are either same or even _older_ than ones shipped with tablet itself (located in C:\Drivers). This is so embarrasing and ignorant.

Lenovo what are you trying to achieve with cryptic download names, have you lost your mind? Frustrating and pointless as hell. Seriously...

Tomas

Fanfold Paper
Message 18 of 254 (9,024 Views)

Good to know that other have the same problem. There's something terrible wrong, today I checked if the problem occures in the UEFI menue (that BIOS type thing) the touchscreen isn't working there neither...

For me it's not an option to get another tablet, the only alternative would be the Asus T100, but thats feeling cheap, so I really want to stay on the Miix 2 10.

Token Ring
Message 19 of 254 (9,020 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just get another Miix 2 if the current one is deffective and Lenovo is not going to fix it using SW update in timely fashion.

I did it as I loved some aspects of Miix 2 and there was no suitable alternative at the monent.

The 1st one was deffective in screen / backlight area. Screen clouding, weird patterns on back of the screen, like someone pushed a palm with spreaded fingers from the back when mounting in factory. Unacceptable.

The 2nd one was deffective in touch screen area as described in this thread. Unacceptable.

The 3rd and possibly final one is relatively ok so far. Volume rocker has issues and tends to stay in + position but that's negligible compared to previous show stopper issues.

All three tablets are affected by low volume cracking problem as pointed out in other thread. Tablets were purchased in Czech Republic. I wonder whether other batches / production series are as bad as ours. I am even tempted to say they used us as guinea pigs and sold us pre-production samples. Given the fault rate what else I could conclude?

Still, i am overly disapponted with how Lenovo treated this tablet and it's launch. By the time of launch in my country, there were no specs at Lenovo site, no data sheets, no papers, nothing, void. Pure and blatant ignorance. All retailers in my area listed tablet with incomplete or downright invalid specs, like that GPS is included (it is not!), like display is 1920x1080 (it is not), like miniHDMI is present (whereas microHDM is). I blame Lenovo for not providing those specs in time and adequate precision.

That's not all. In my area Miix 2 10" is only available without dock / keyboard. Keyboard is not even purchasible separately, still not one month after the launch. No single other accessory is purchasible as well. This is just frustrating and dissapoing.

Tomas

Moderator comment: Remark(s) contravening the Community Rules removed - profanity/implied profanity. Keep it clean.

Top Kudoed Authors