Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 20 of 253 (3,198 Views)

Re: Miix 2 Touchscreen failure

I think the official launch was today, only some retailers sold it before.

I can't pickup another one, the retailer is about 100 km away, that's to far to replace it another time. If it's not working I send it to Lenovo, then it's their problem to fix it (and I'm sure they gonna fix it and I get back a fully working Tablet and don't need to use that Trial and Error method, that's going on my nevers and costs more than the device itself because of the traveling costs...)

Token Ring
Message 21 of 253 (3,286 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sure, that's annoying situation. I wish we could get a perfectly working device first hand. Wish...

My retailer is like 5 minute walk away from my home, lucky me.

For reference, Miix 2 10" was mass selling in my country since early January. I was wondering why other bigger countries were lagging behind. That's where my speculation on guinea pigs surfaced... They just tested first batch on us before hitting bigger markets. Pure speculation, makes sense though Smiley Wink

I might eventually try to find out of what UEFI firmware and touch firmware versions are installed on my working exemplar. For comparison. Will post that info later on.

Moderator comment: Remark(s) contravening the Community Rules removed - profanity/implied profanity. Fair warning... Keep it clean.

Fanfold Paper
Message 22 of 253 (3,261 Views)

Hi,

Mine is a Miix 2 8; I tried the driver from NINE but no luck either. The sipton is the same described, it's directly related to the USB, it happens frequently if tablet is plugged, it fixes itself sometimes when I connect an USB mouse and sometimes the driver for HID shows issues, removing all drivers and scanning for hw changes also fixes it sometimes. Since tablet worked fine for more than a month I don't see an explanation other than hw issues. And you have options to service it in your country, I have to wait until going back to US from Brazil to use my warranty (unless Lenovo provides me a way to ship it to them by mail).

I was about to buy an All in One desktop from Lenovo, the only core I7 4th generation I found but now I prefer to go for a less powerful machine rather than buying again a Lenovo...

Fanfold Paper
Message 23 of 253 (3,207 Views)

Up this  topic, and waitting for somebody answer about this problem. Now I'm in Haiti, so far to warranty it. Sometime Miix 2 8 inch touchscreen work, sometime it stop working, sometime when I put in 1 mouse usb, everything ok. But this propblem make me crazy.

Update to repair it or this is the last Lenovo I use.

Fanfold Paper
Message 24 of 253 (3,189 Views)

Support didn't called me back... I'm getting pissed off by that. 

Now back to the MIIX 2 10: Now the USB connection fails sometimes, so, I can't use the Keyboard, Touschscreen and Mouse(via MicroUSB -> OTG) I'll give it back to the retailer if the support can't help me, asking them to give me the money back, I'm done with Lenovo, especially with the German support. Frustrating!

Fanfold Paper
Message 25 of 253 (3,181 Views)

We won't get any support here, Lenovo is really terrible with their support. This was my last Lenovo machine, and since I can't return it (I bought it online directly from Lenovo/Amazon) it will become just a weak desktop to stream videos in my home...
It's sad that motorola was acquired by Lenovo, it means I won't get any motorola phones either.
Fanfold Paper
Message 26 of 253 (3,154 Views)

back to the topic ...

@Wintermute/Tomas and all Others:

Can you please post your UEFI firmware and touch firmware versions so that we can compare?

(+ BIOS Version/Date and country where you bought it)

Can someone please give advise on how/where to get/grab UEFI-firmware and touch-firmware version informations?

I've bougth my Mixx 2 10 last week in germany. Since then i encountered the touchscreen unresponsice issue 2 times.

BIOS Verion: 95CN12WW , Date : 25.12.2013

Thx and Regards,

Bernd

Fanfold Paper
Message 27 of 253 (3,148 Views)

Sorry Bernd, sent my Miix yesterday to Medion for repairing it, I only know that my tablets manufactiuring date is the 27th Dec. 2013, so I think the Firmware is the same.
In my oppinion the problem was getting even worser with the time.

Can you check the Device Manager when you have the problems next time?
Token Ring
Message 28 of 253 (3,141 Views)

I don't have the tablet with me now but will post some details later this evening.

Fanfold Paper
Message 29 of 253 (3,137 Views)

I don't have mine here but will post tonight.
Top Kudoed Authors