Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Former Employee
Message 121 of 128 (1,702 Views)

Re: x120e Stuttering Audio

Hi All,

For those who is unable to flash their X120e via BIOS Update Utility, appreciate if you could post it at this thread.

For those who are able to flash it via BIOS update utility, appreciate if you could post here as well.

Please note the that I've placed some steps to ensure before you flash the BIOS, do check if you have done the 4 before you flash the BIOS.

Discussion link

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/bd-p/X_Series_Thinkpads

//JameZ
What's DOS?
Message 122 of 128 (1,639 Views)

I am still having audio stuttering and am running the new bios.  Now what?

Punch Card
Message 123 of 128 (1,628 Views)

So you have Bios 1.11... uhh... Do you have Version 3.48 of Power Manager installed? If so and you're still stuttering, if you uncheck ThinkPad Power Manager from the Startup Tab in MSConfig and restart the X120e, do you still have the audio stutter? (Just trying to see if the usual suspect that plagued us earlier is causing the issue for you or not)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
For a compilation of most X120e issues:
Compilation of Lenovo X120e issues and solutions
What's DOS?
Message 124 of 128 (1,621 Views)

I upgraded the bios to 1.11 and uninstalled the power management software altogether.  Still stutters.  Hard to recreate, but happens at leas once every 5 mintues when listening to tunes.  Have not tried video, but assume same issue perists.

Punch Card
Message 125 of 128 (1,614 Views)

jolt wrote:

I upgraded the bios to 1.11 and uninstalled the power management software altogether.  Still stutters.  Hard to recreate, but happens at leas once every 5 mintues when listening to tunes.  Have not tried video, but assume same issue perists.

Even after uninstalling the Power Manager, the offending .dll that caused the earlier audio stuttering issues in the thread is still present when starting up.

You'll have to manually go into MSConfig's startup tab and disable the ThinkPad Power Manager's .dll from starting and then restart.

Also, the audio stuttering that many were experiencing before was easily recreatable by putting the laptop to sleep and then waking it up, then checking to see if the audio stutters.

If even after this you're still getting audio stutter (or the audio stutter occurs without the need to put the laptop to sleep and waking it up), then it's a new problem that'll require new brainstorming and a new solution Smiley Sad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
For a compilation of most X120e issues:
Compilation of Lenovo X120e issues and solutions
Former Employee
Message 126 of 128 (1,543 Views)

@All,

To those who are still having the audio stutter issue do ensure the following.

1. BIOS upgraded to 1.11 (remember to reboot before flashing BIOS)
  2. Power Manager 3.48
  3. Power Management driver 1.62

Drivers for X120e available here

//JameZ

Fanfold Paper
Message 127 of 128 (827 Views)

im having this issue with new X121e.....power manager uninstall makes it mostly better with only the odd blip...

Fanfold Paper
Message 128 of 128 (703 Views)

I have the same problem on an Ideapad U460, same bad support by phone, online is just as bad. drivers have not been updated for over 2 years on their site and if I have to restore my settings, I will sell the Leovo laptop and never look back.  I miss Dell and Apple so bad right now!

Top kudoed Authors