Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 41 of 652 (2,472 Views)

Re: Does anyone have x220t pen working properly on edges?

HypertextEye wrote:

cgulliver wrote:

My machine will be arriving next week and this edge thing makes me nervous. Would really like to see some messaging from lenovo around this issue. Clearly if it is globally impacting, they would have observed it in QA... what gives?

Some people (like me) prefer not to report the issue as we would rather have a poorly functional machine than no machine at all. Notice all those who have called support in this thread have been asked to send their units in for "repairs" (which never solves the problem).

I have a 3 year onsite warranty, so I can make them send a tech out to repair it. If thats what ends up happening I'll let you guys know what became of it.

Punch Card
Message 42 of 652 (2,421 Views)

Re: Ultranav and stylus accuracy problem, x201 tablet.

Hi,

I also encounter this problem with the x220 tablet.

Digitizer accuracy is horrible at edges, especially in the corner where an annyoing jitter of the cursor.

I tried different driver settings, once using the lenovo tablet driver and the original wacom tablet pc driver,

both showing the same results. That's really a huge error which I hope's simply driver based.

A few words from lenovo about this error would be nice and how/when it can be fixed.

all the best

Blue Screen Again
Message 43 of 652 (2,409 Views)

Re:x220t

So far the only fix is to return the x220t and get a different tablet pc..

Former Employee
Message 44 of 652 (2,372 Views)

@All,

Issue has been escalated to engineering to check on it.

Will update once I get any info from the team.

//JameZ
Blue Screen Again
Message 45 of 652 (2,326 Views)

Thanks Jamez.  It's nice that it's being looked into finally, but your post should have happened a month ago.  I'm about out of my return period so mine will be going back wed/thurs unless something amazing happens. 

Blue Screen Again
Message 46 of 652 (2,274 Views)

[ Edited ]

this really needs to be looked after!

another machine:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8170/penproblem.jpg

and another one, here the cursor lags behind:

another one with the opposing behavior, cursor hurrys away:

now compare this to a test with the current Fujitsu T901 (also wacom):

What I basically want to know from Lenovo is:

Is this considered normal behavior since I haven't heard of ANY X220T owner WITHOUT the issue!!

With on site service, can I have them visit me and exchange my screen over and over again until this works?

PS: eager to hear what the "engineers" at Lenovo will say about it!

Moderator Note: Image size > 50k, converted to link.

Paper Tape
Message 47 of 652 (2,255 Views)

I have the exact same issue with my x220t. The pen just goes crazy around the edges, making it impossible to write legibly. Very annoying, as I use the tablet to take notes, and the screen isn't terribly large as it is.
Paper Tape
Message 48 of 652 (2,239 Views)

Personally, while I notice a slight offset close to the edge of my X220t, it is usually only a very small amount.  The only way I have been able to replicate an offset as large as other's pictures show is if I hold the pen at an angle less than rougly 30 degrees (relative to the screen, more than 60 degrees away from perpandicular to the screen) and moving very quickly around the edges of the screen.

Paper Tape
Message 49 of 652 (2,218 Views)

I am a college professor and I have been using the X220t for the past week to lecture to my summer class via projector.  In secondary landscape orientation the left edge of the screen is particularly bad, where the "dot" prematurely wants to run to the left edge even though I am not close to it.  So basically I have to avoid that part of the screen when I'm writing.  This is really not acceptable.  The upper left is also bad, so if I want to access the "File" menu of an application, I end up touching the screen about 0.5 cm to the lower right of it.

Fanfold Paper
Message 50 of 652 (2,183 Views)

Did anyone have this problem on their x201?