01-13-2021

US

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 2

Screen Mirroring don't work

2021-01-13, 0:43 AM

I have the same issue with a recently purchased Moto e (2020).  My old phone - Motorola Droid - casts to my TV (Roku built in) without a problem but the new phone won't recognize the device.  Support tells me the same thing - Motorola phones will only recognize ChromeCast, either built in or USB.  When I explained what was going on, support told me that the Droids were an exception and no other phone in the product line will do this (recognize a device for casting without ChromeCast hardware/protocol).

I think it would be nice if this was listed somewhere in the specifications as it might make a difference in someone's decision to buy a phone.

Edited: Moved the thread to the correct phone community. –Sunitha

Solved! See the solution
Options

88 Posts

11-24-2020

IN

41 Signins

1780 Page Views

• Views: 1780
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Screen Mirroring don't work

2021-01-13, 8:08 AM

@ LilBear wrote:

I have the same issue with a recently purchased Moto e (2020).  My old phone - Motorola Droid - casts to my TV (Roku built in) without a problem but the new phone won' recognize the device.  Support tells me the same thing - Motorola phones will only recognize ChromeCast, either built in or USB.  When I explained what was going on, support told me that the Droids were an exception and no other phone in the product line will do this (recognize a device for casting without ChromeCast hardware/protocol).

I think it would be nice if this was listed somewhere in the specifications as it might make a difference in someone' decision to buy a phone.

Edited: Moved the thread to the correct phone community. –Sunitha

Hi, 

Thank you for posting! I would like to inform you would need a Chromecast dongle/Smart TV with a built-in Chromecast natively supported by android. Please go through the link here for more information.

Thanks

Sunitha

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms