Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E Phonesmoto e (2020)
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

02-17-2018

United States of America

11 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 6

gmail app crashing after system and app update

2021-03-23, 2:56 AM

hi,

My t-mobile moto e (2020) got a system update this afternoon, build QPG30.82-135

Also app updates, including gmail, version 2021.03.07.363560676.Release

Now it shows the list of email for a moment, then goes blank, and shows "gmail keeps stopping, app info, close app, send feedback".

i have tried a shutdown and boot, also clear cache on the gmail app. still happening.

Should I wait for an update?

Options

2254 Posts

11-24-2020

India

229 Signins

23965 Page Views

• Views: 23965
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:gmail app crashing after system and app update

2021-03-23, 5:42 AM

Hi flashfyre

Thank you for reporting this issue and sorry to know about this. I will do my best to help you in fixing the issue and your efforts are highly appreciated in performing the troubleshooting steps. I would suggest you try removing and re-adding the Gmail ID and check. If you still facing the same, please test your phone in Safe Mode. Safe Mode starts the device without any third-party applications being started. This will allow you to open apps individually to try and determine which app may be causing the issue.

To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up, reboot the device to get back to normal mode. Let us know what you'll find out.

Also, if you are facing an issue with the particular application please report this with the application support/developer and see if they can able to fix it. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

02-17-2018

United States of America

11 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 3 of 6

2021-03-23, 6:59 AM

an update to "Android System Webview" dropped a little while ago and it has stopped crashing. thanks though!

Options

2254 Posts

11-24-2020

India

229 Signins

23965 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-03-23, 11:08 AM

@ flashfyre wrote:

an update to "Android System Webview" dropped a little while ago and it has stopped crashing. thanks though!

Hi, 

Nice! I’m glad to know about this. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We are here to help. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

03-23-2021

Canada

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-03-23, 19:06 PM

Thanks for posting this. I had the same issue and after I saw your solution, I  looked for the second update on my phone .  It worked and the apps on my moto e are working again.

Options

2254 Posts

11-24-2020

India

229 Signins

23965 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-03-24, 5:53 AM

Hi Normarose

Welcome to Motorola Forums. I apologize for the issues you experienced. This was likely related to global Google issues with the Android System Webview app that many people experienced over the past 24hrs. I’m glad that your device is working fine. Please don't hesitate to post again in case you need further assistance. We are here to help. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms