Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E Phonesmoto e6
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-25-2021

Denmark

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto e6i issues

2021-07-25, 17:50 PM

Hi,

I am unsure if this is the right forum. Thats one of the issues. The phone is not really recognized by Motorola.

Second issue is Cast functions, Assistant Go, Google Go, Google Home issues. The Home app wats me to install Google app, but Store tells me I already have a similar app Google Go. Cannot install normal Google app or normal Assistant app. So no Google Home functions.

Also many apps have issues casting. They do not recognize there is a Chromecast available, hence no Cast icon. YouTube works fine, Screen mirroring works fine.

Third issue is how to Turn Off the Phone if the screen is not working? I do not want to Restart btw. I want to Turn it Off, so I can follow the Rescue instructions How-to do a Hard Factory Reset.

Cannot turn the phone off.

Thanks for help

Regards  

Options

3625 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1236 Signins

58815 Page Views

• Views: 58815
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Moto e6i issues

2021-07-26, 6:46 AM

@ nafnist wrote:

Hi,

I am unsure if this is the right forum. Thats one of the issues. The phone is not really recognized by Motorola.

Second issue is Cast functions, Assistant Go, Google Go, Google Home issues. The Home app wats me to install Google app, but Store tells me I already have a similar app Google Go. Cannot install normal Google app or normal Assistant app. So no Google Home functions.

Also many apps have issues casting. They do not recognize there is a Chromecast available, hence no Cast icon. YouTube works fine, Screen mirroring works fine.

Third issue is how to Turn Off the Phone if the screen is not working? I do not want to Restart btw. I want to Turn it Off, so I can follow the Rescue instructions How-to do a Hard Factory Reset.

Cannot turn the phone off.

Thanks for help

Regards  

Hi nafnist

Welcome to Motorola forums, I will try my best to help you fix this. Could please share with us the screenshot of the error we would like to help you and sorry to say that there is no option to turn off the device if the screen is not working you can drain the device battery completely 0 Percentage after which you can try a Rescue and Smart Assistant. hope this helps.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

07-25-2021

Denmark

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-07-26, 23:22 PM

Hi Sandi,

Thanks for replying.

I've attached some screenshots to point out where 2 issues are.

First Issue

Cast from 3rd party app that have no permanent Cast-icon (Cast-icon appears quickly on other devices, I assume it needs to detect a device first) YouTube-app or VLC-app (and others) have a permanent Cast-icon, and they work. They search for the device longer than on other devices.

Other apps like the Gallery Go-app or DRTV-app the Cast-icon never appears.

I have reached out to developers of those two apps, and they have no solution.

Issue 1

Notice how YuoTube-app has a Cast-icon and the others do not

Second Issue  
Google Home-app (and prolly others) have issues with the Assistant Go-app and Google Go-app. Home-app wont recognize the Go-variants as the real thing, and request you install the originals if you want to manage your devices - and that will fail.

I have reached out to the developer of Google Home-app, but have gotten no reply.

Issue 2

Notice when you try to Manage your system, Google Home will prompt to install Google-app and fail if you try

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Options

3625 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1236 Signins

58815 Page Views

• Views: 58815
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-07-28, 6:55 AM

@ nafnist wrote:

Hi Sandi,

Thanks for replying.

I've attached some screenshots to point out where 2 issues are.

First Issue

Cast from 3rd party app that have no permanent Cast-icon (Cast-icon appears quickly on other devices, I assume it needs to detect a device first) YouTube-app or VLC-app (and others) have a permanent Cast-icon, and they work. They search for the device longer than on other devices.

Other apps like the Gallery Go-app or DRTV-app the Cast-icon never appears.

I have reached out to developers of those two apps, and they have no solution.

Issue 1

Notice how YuoTube-app has a Cast-icon and the others do not

Second Issue  
Google Home-app (and prolly others) have issues with the Assistant Go-app and Google Go-app. Home-app wont recognize the Go-variants as the real thing, and request you install the originals if you want to manage your devices - and that will fail.

I have reached out to the developer of Google Home-app, but have gotten no reply.

Issue 2

Notice when you try to Manage your system, Google Home will prompt to install Google-app and fail if you try

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hi, 

We would like to inform you that the Casting Gallery Go does not support casting. you can use the Google Photos app to cast. As for the 3rd screenshot, can you let us know the app name you are in? For the Google Home app, unfortunately, this is a limitation of Android Go. It would have to be Google who releases a Go version of the Home app for Android Go.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms