Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E Phonesmoto e6
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-24-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 5

Unable to complete attemp android setup

2021-06-24, 2:51 AM

I have a moto e6 that started acting funny so not thinking i just hard reset it cause at the time i didnt have too much on it so losing data didnt matter and wasnt worried about factory reset protection because i know i know all the previous info well now when trying the initial setup umm i cant because it wont allow internet access it will connect to the router but still has the little x on the bars and i have multiple devices hooked up to this router i even made one band open with no password and still nothing so therefore i can only make to sign in to wifi screen but and im talking ive been at this for about three weeks and still have yet to figure anything remotely coming close to even thinking about working so could somebody please help?    P.s. like i said ive been at this for awhile so please dont respond with simply try restarting it because its been restarted, reset put on safe mode pretty much whatever you can google ive done to no success please help thanks in advance

Options

1992 Posts

11-24-2020

India

210 Signins

22055 Page Views

• Views: 22055
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Unable to complete attemp android setup

2021-06-24, 10:59 AM

@ Bond0089 wrote:

I have a moto e6 that started acting funny so not thinking i just hard reset it cause at the time i didnt have too much on it so losing data didnt matter and wasnt worried about factory reset protection because i know i know all the previous info well now when trying the initial setup umm i cant because it wont allow internet access it will connect to the router but still has the little x on the bars and i have multiple devices hooked up to this router i even made one band open with no password and still nothing so therefore i can only make to sign in to wifi screen but and im talking ive been at this for about three weeks and still have yet to figure anything remotely coming close to even thinking about working so could somebody please help?    P.s. like i said ive been at this for awhile so please dont respond with simply try restarting it because its been restarted, reset put on safe mode pretty much whatever you can google ive done to no success please help thanks in advance

Hi, 

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone. I will do my best to help you with this. Could you please confirm if the same Wi-Fi worked with your phone before the reset? Have you tried connecting with another Wi-Fi connection? If yes, is it working? It will be easier for me to assist you better. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

06-24-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-06-24, 17:55 PM

Yes it worked before the reset thats why im so comfused about what goin on and no i have yet to figure it out

Options

3692 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1241 Signins

59510 Page Views

• Views: 59510
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-06-25, 4:13 AM

@ Bond0089 wrote:

Yes it worked before the reset thats why im so comfused about what goin on and no i have yet to figure it out

Hi, 

Thank you for writing us back, can you please check with any other Wi-Fi connections and let us know if that works.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

07-26-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-07-26, 17:11 PM

This has happened to my phones in the past.

Go to settings > WiFi > click on your router > Forget.  Go back to WiFi and search for your router > reenter your password.

Good Luck!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms