12-30-2019

US

18 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 1 of 4

What's your opinion?

2020-01-01, 7:02 AM

I've had my Moto E6 for about a month now, honestly I thinks it's probably one of if not the best phone I've had in the past 5 years. Unfortunately this phone has no task manager, or if it does im I'm not bright enough to find it, so my real question is what's the best task killer for the Moto E6 in you your opioplnsd. 

Options

1711 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1612 Signins

25203 Page Views

• Views: 25203
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: What's your opinion?

2020-01-01, 11:17 AM

wrote:

I've had my Moto E6 for about a month now, honestly I thinks it's probably one of if not the best phone I've had in the past 5 years. Unfortunately this phone has no task manager, or if it does im I'm not bright enough to find it, so my real question is what's the best task killer for the Moto E6 in you your opioplnsd. 

On some very early Android versions ending tasks may have helped a little but I doubt it. Later versions like you and I have handle apps/memory and Battery without the need for any of these,"Snake-Oil" apps.

If you do want to clear apps just tap the Recent apps button and swipe far left and there should be a,"Clear All" option depending on the Android version but if not you can swipe them off individually or use the little,"X" button to kill them.

Android keeps apps links in caches ready to load faster however this does not mean they are using much memory or resources. It's counterproductive to end them as they will take more energy/resources to restart than left alone. 

Do you have a specific reason that leads you to think you have a problem? There may be a simpler fix if you do have one :)

Options

3736 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2714 Signins

25580 Page Views

• Views: 25580
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: What's your opinion?

2020-01-01, 13:14 PM

I agree with the post above.  Task killer type of apps are usually counterproductive, and cause more battery drain than anything.  Android does a pretty good job of task / app management all by itself.  As mentioned above, just clear open apps from time to time and restart the phone periodically and you should be fine.

~Scott
Options

1 Posts

04-12-2020

US

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:What's your opinion?

2020-04-12, 16:31 PM

Moli – Motorola Support Virtual Agent

Hey, Tom. I'm Moli, your virtual agent. How may I help you today?

phone reps do not do APN SETTING TEEKS ON LINE NOW SHE SAYS I CAN ONLY USE FAC DATA RESET AND THAT'S ALL THEY DO.? I DID THAT -124dBm is no good We do apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Please allow me to help you with this matter. Can you tell us more what seems to be your concern for today? This chat is now closed. Thanks for connecting with us.

I'm going to try and help you with that. Which of the following most closely resembles your issue?

signal or network issue

It sounds like you have the following issue – "signal or network issue". Don't worry, I'll do my best to help.

Okay, let's try some troubleshooting steps. You may quit any time after the first step.

signal or network issue

Try to reboot the phone

If you experience an issue with your device, it is always a good idea to reboot, first.

Press and hold the power button until you see Power Off on the screen. Tap power off.

Turn your phone back on and charge your phone normally.

1/5

Next

signal or network issue

Check Mobile Data

Settings > Network & Internet > Data usage > Ensure Mobile data is On

2/5

Next

signal or network issue

Adjust cellular network

Go to Settings > More > Cellular networks.

Touch Network operators > Search networks.

Wait 30 seconds for the search results.

Choose your network operator (carrier).

Wait 30 seconds for the network to refresh the signal.

3/5

Next

signal or network issue

Use Safe mode to check apps and uninstall if necessary

Safe mode starts the device without any 3rd party applications being started. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is likely causing the problem.

Get the device into safe mode. Click here to check how to enable safe mode.

Check if the issue does not remain in safe mode.

Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications. Click here to check how to uninstall apps.

​Restart the device and check if the issue is fixed.

4/5

Next

This is the last troubleshooting step. If you are still experiencing the issue after this step, we have other options that maybe helpful to you.

signal or network issue

Reset the phone

Factory Data Reset

To reset your phone from settings: 

Go to Settings > System

Touch Advanced

Touch Reset options

Touch Erase all data (factory reset)

Touch Reset Phone

External Reset

If you are unable to access the phone's menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an external factory reset.

Warning: Before proceeding with an External Reset ensure you know your Gmail address and password. If you don’t know the Gmail address and password, visit www.gmail.com > “Need help?”.

Once you have reset the password, power up the locked phone in an area with Wi-Fi or data service, and enter the new password. 

Notes:

When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.

Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.

With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.

Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"

Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.

You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.

While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.

Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.

Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.

5/5

Service Options

It looks like you have followed all the recommended troubleshooting steps. If you are still experiencing the issue, we have service options available.

Chat With Agent

To transfer to the agent, we need to confirm your Email. Is tjhmillpa@comcast.net your Email?

Yes

Hi, my name is Rowena. How may I help you?

I see that you were using our virtual assistant and selected to speak with a live agent. I am happy to help, just give me a moment to review your information.

Hey, Tom. I'm Moli, your virtual agent. How may I help you today? phone reps do not do APN SETTING TEEKS ON LINE NOW SHE SAYS I CAN ONLY USE FAC DATA RESET AND THAT'S ALL THEY DO.? I DID THAT -124dBm is no good We do apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Please allow me to help you with this matter. Can you tell us more what seems to be your concern for today? This chat is now closed. Thanks for connecting with us.

Thank you for contacting Motorola.

Can you tellme more about your concern.

Still there?

i can get my dBm to -58...but I lose other features....except calling...so ther is a way to get calls....but not internet ...in the configuration of the APN settings tweeking from Con Cellular instructions is the only way phone works

there is no one at consumer cellular who knows about APNs

and no one at Mpotorola either????

still there??????????????

Just to verify you cannot connect to wifi?

12:12

guess not

the phone can connect tomy wifi

it can not make get or keep calls randomly

12:13

unless i change the settings

12:13

i not want anoher phone if it won't work on CC's network

Oh I see there is an issue with receiving calls.

12:14

that woiuld be poitless but that is all the phone reps do?

can't believe that

can i get to tech support please

?

But you mentioned that you already perform factory reset, am I correct?

you are reading what i am typing

Yes.

12:15

yes...re[peat something else and i will terminate this useless string

12:15

THE APN SETTINGS PER CONSUMER CELLULAR WON'T WORK FOR YOUR PHONE

As per checking this is already a repair order processed for your phone.

12:17

IT IS ?????????

WHAT REPAIR ORDER?

YOU MEAN EXCHANGE?

THERE IS AN EXCAHNGE ORDER

yes.

12:18

SO TO BE CLEAR...YOU CAN N O T NOT DISCUSS APN SETTINGS AND NO ONE THERE CAN RIGHT?

It was processed 04/12/2020 11:12 AM.

12:18

NOT AN ANSWER

VPN is more of carriers issue that is why it is best to contact carrier about it.

12:19

APN

NOT VPN

PLS JUST ANSWER Y OR N

Yes sorry, APN I mean.

PLS ANSWER MY QUESTION

No. we cannot.

12:20

JUST SO I HAVE IT IN WRITING

12:20

BYE

You are most welcome. Any time that you will need our assistance, please feel free to get in touch with us. We will always be glad to help you. We're always trying to improve, so you may receive a survey email after this chat. The survey is very short and we appreciate any feedback. Thank you for choosing Motorola! Have a wonderful day!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save