Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E Phonesmoto e7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-06-2021

Czech Republic

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

Calls being paused randomly

2021-04-06, 16:27 PM

I have new Moto E7 plus for 2 weeks now. Anyway still fighting the same issue. My calls are being paused randomly. By some calls not even once, by another call every few seconds. I have full signal from my operator. With my previous phone I had never problem with signal strenght as well.

I got tip to disable wifi calls. I did it, and powered off and on the phone. No change.

It happens more often, once Im using reproductor and phone just lay on the table. My observation is, like touch screen is too sensitive during the call. I experienced also problem by calling support of my operator. Once Im calling with robot and have to enter number for "option", numbers are being pressed randomly, even If I keep hand cca 10cm above the phone. I tested it by writing SMS, but nothing happen there. From this height, nothing got pressed. It happens just during the calls.

Please suggest solution how to make my phone usable. Thanks for yocur hints.

Watch issue here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et8UUL4S_hw

Options

644 Posts

11-24-2020

India

102 Signins

9435 Page Views

• Views: 9435
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Calls being paused randomly

2021-04-07, 7:49 AM

Hi Darksicek

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone. I will try my best to help you with this. Does it happen only for calls? How about using other applications? Are you facing this issue? Also, try removing the screen protector if you are using it and check. Since it might also affect the touch sensor. 

If that doesn’t help, please test your phone in Safe Mode. Safe Mode starts the device without any third-party applications being started. This will allow you to open apps individually to try and determine which app may be causing the issue. To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up, reboot the device to get back to normal mode. Let us know what you'll find out.

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

04-06-2021

Czech Republic

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-04-07, 8:33 AM

Hello Sunitha,

Yes. Problems are by the calls only (see video). Never noticed any problem in any other app. Tried without protection glass and problem persist. Safe mode - problem persist.

I additionaly installed Touch lock. Once enabled during calls, I see ghost touch attempts during calls. Once enabled outside call or in another app, no touch attemps appears.

Tried also apply brightness adjust (minimum and maximum), autoadjust brightness off. Nothing helps.

Options

644 Posts

11-24-2020

India

102 Signins

9435 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-04-07, 11:04 AM

Hi Darksicek

Thank you for trying and I appreciate your efforts. I would suggest you try clearing the Phone and Phone Service app cache/data. To clear the app cache and data, go to Setting>> Apps and Notifications>>App info >>Particular Application>>Force stop>> Click ok>> storage >>Clear cache/data. Restart the phone post this and check.  Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

04-06-2021

Czech Republic

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-04-07, 11:42 AM

Hi Sunitha,

thanks again for your effort. I got answer from motorola support meanwhile.

"If you have random ghost touches only during a calls, but not in other apps, then I would like to inform you it is known issue and we have found root case of the issue. It should be fixed with software update (build number QPZ30.30-Q3-38-69) which will be released soon."

I will try your hints meanwhile and let you know.

Regards

Petr

Options

644 Posts

11-24-2020

India

102 Signins

9435 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-04-08, 5:49 AM

@ Darksicek wrote:

Hi Sunitha,

thanks again for your effort. I got answer from motorola support meanwhile.

"If you have random ghost touches only during a calls, but not in other apps, then I would like to inform you it is known issue and we have found root case of the issue. It should be fixed with software update (build number QPZ30.30-Q3-38-69) which will be released soon."

I will try your hints meanwhile and let you know.

Regards

Petr

Hi Petr,

I have checked and yes, you are correct. We have improvements coming for this in future updates. Please wait, you will be notified once the update is available. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms