Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E Phonesmoto e7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-19-2021

Italy

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto E7 plus - Whatsapp cropped photo and video (back and front cameras)

2021-07-19, 15:07 PM

Hi, I recently bought a Moto E7 Plus. So far all good, except for this very annoying issue: when opening the Whatsapp camera (or video), the resulting picture is only a crop of the original (about one-fourth top left of the original). Tried to clean the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling an older version, no results.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Options

1992 Posts

11-24-2020

India

210 Signins

22055 Page Views

• Views: 22055
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Moto E7 plus - Whatsapp cropped photo and video (back and front cameras)

2021-07-20, 6:24 AM

@ p_fg wrote:

Hi, I recently bought a Moto E7 Plus. So far all good, except for this very annoying issue: when opening the Whatsapp camera (or video), the resulting picture is only a crop of the original (about one-fourth top left of the original). Tried to clean the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling an older version, no results.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Hi, 

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to know about this. I will try my best to help you. Could you please confirm when did you start facing this? Does it happen only with the WhatsApp application Camera? How about taking photos with the inbuilt Camera app? Are you facing the same? Have you made any settings changes before the issue started? So I can check and assist you further. 

Meanwhile, I would suggest you update all applications available on the phone to the latest version(Open PlayStore>>Update all applications), restart the phone after this, and test the device. Let me know what you will find out. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

07-19-2021

Italy

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-07-20, 8:39 AM

Hi Sunitha,

thanks for the support! 

It started a couple of weeks ago. Only happens with Whatsapp application Camera for photos and videos (the inbuilt Camera app works just as should!). No settings changes before the issue started. All the applications are updated.

Have a good day,

P.

Options

1992 Posts

11-24-2020

India

210 Signins

22055 Page Views

• Views: 22055
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-07-21, 6:37 AM

@ p_fg wrote:

Hi Sunitha,

thanks for the support! 

It started a couple of weeks ago. Only happens with Whatsapp application Camera for photos and videos (the inbuilt Camera app works just as should!). No settings changes before the issue started. All the applications are updated.

Have a good day,

P.

Hi, 

Thank you for confirming! I would suggest you try uninstalling the WhatsApp application updates and check the device by restarting it. Try clearing the application Cache(Settings>>Apps & Notification>>See All Apps>>WhatsApp>>Force stop>>Click ok>>Storage>>Clear Cache) and check. If that does not help, try uninstalling and reinstalling the application. I hope that helps! If not, I would suggest you report this to the application developer/application support for further assistance. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms