Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E Phonesmoto e7 power
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-13-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

9 Signins

40 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 8

Always a problem buying from Lenovo

2021-05-13, 19:19 PM

I purchased a Moto E7i Power and have spent two days trying to change default and contact ringtones. The ringtones will not change despite tunes being there on Internal Storage and SD Card. I have tried contacting Motorola but they emailed me a link that would not open. The whole thing is just making me angry, and more so the longer it goes on. I do have the USB set to 'File Transfer' when connected to a computer.

I am given the option of selecting ringtones from 'Audio' but I cannot find this file to add or upload tunes to that 'location.' Anyone got any ideas? Much appreciated.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Always a problem buying from Lenovo

2021-05-13, 20:49 PM

Hi CluntEastwood,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concern and we would like to help you. Please try to open your Internal Storage using a files manager app. Then create 3 folders on the Internal Storage directory; Ringtones, Alarms, and Notifications. Then moved the custom ringtones files to the newly created folders. Then test if you are able to switch to your custom ringtones. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

05-13-2021

9 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-05-14, 11:52 AM

I opened 'Files' from the settings and found 'Internal Storage.' The three folders you mentioned were already there and, when I moved the customer ringtones there I tried again, and again, and again. I kept on trying, all to no avail! Eventually I get an on-screen message telling me: 'android.process.media keeps stopping' with 'App info' and 'Close app' below. Great! I have to do ANOTHER 'factory reset!' At the same time I remove the SD Card and then try again, however when I try to 'Add ringtone' I find the 'Ringtones' folder on Internal Storage but it still does not add the selected ringtone to the 'Phone ringtone' list, it simply returns to the pre-installed list. This is now getting worse than annoying!

Even when I come here to look at replies, for help, etc. I am asked EVERY time to 'Complete my profile.' I think this is further proof of how inept Lenovo really is.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 4 of 8

2021-05-17, 19:34 PM

Hi CluntEastwood

For notifications, tap on Add notification > it will bring up the file explorer > Tap on Menu (3 dots top right) > show internal storage > Tap on Menu (3 horizontal lines on top left) > tap on the device name (mine says maltalsc) > Choose the ringtones folder > Tap on the ringtone you want to add. It will then add itself to the list of notification ringtones.

Likely can do the same steps with SD Card, but instead of choosing Internal storage from the top right menu they choose sd card, accept the permissions, then choose SD Card from the top left menu, browse to the folder and tap on the file. I tested with an MP3 file.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

05-13-2021

9 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-05-17, 19:55 PM

I thank you both for your replies in trying to assist me with the problem I was having however, this problem got me really annoyed, as has everything else I've purchased from Lenovo. I must be stupid buying from them after seemingly endless problems with the things I purchase from them.

Anyway, having tried to phone Lenovo I eventually reached someone I could actually speak to, yes, a human! However I found that whichever number I tried to contact Lenovo, there was never an option for 'Mobile Phones,' only other technology. Also, each time someone told me I had reached the wrong department and said they would transfer me. They do not transfer you, they simply hang up! So Customer Service is something I'm still looking for at Lenovo.

Eventually I found a contact number for Motorola and spoke with someone there. Having told them of the problem and the messages I was getting they informed me the unit was damaged and in fact had a software problem. Speaking with this person further he gave me a contact number for Lenovo and I rang them.

After having been made to feel like some kind of fraud I was told my phone would be replaced (But only if they had the same model/colour in stock) I then receive emails telling me that my mobile is in stock and the Order has been placed, but it will only be released when their Carrier confirms they have collected the damaged unit. Now, three days later when I again call Lenovo I am told the Carrier can take up to 'six business days' before they even contact me to collect the damaged phone. I then have to wait for them to confirm the collection and Lenovo to release my Order, so it seems I could be without a phone for 2 - 3 weeks through no fault of my own and yet Lenovo simply couldn't care less. I think now it is definitely a case of 'NEVER AGAIN!'

Options

54 Posts

02-07-2020

107 Signins

1081 Page Views

• Views: 1081
  • Message 6 of 8

2021-05-18, 14:59 PM

@ CluntEastwood wrote:

I thank you both for your replies in trying to assist me with the problem I was having however, this problem got me really annoyed, as has everything else I' purchased from Lenovo. I must be stupid buying from them after seemingly endless problems with the things I purchase from them.

Anyway, having tried to phone Lenovo I eventually reached someone I could actually speak to, yes, a human! However I found that whichever number I tried to contact Lenovo, there was never an option for ' Phones,' only other technology. Also, each time someone told me I had reached the wrong department and said they would transfer me. They do not transfer you, they simply hang up! So Customer Service is something I' still looking for at Lenovo.

Eventually I found a contact number for Motorola and spoke with someone there. Having told them of the problem and the messages I was getting they informed me the unit was damaged and in fact had a software problem. Speaking with this person further he gave me a contact number for Lenovo and I rang them.

After having been made to feel like some kind of fraud I was told my phone would be replaced (But only if they had the same model/colour in stock) I then receive emails telling me that my mobile is in stock and the Order has been placed, but it will only be released when their Carrier confirms they have collected the damaged unit. Now, three days later when I again call Lenovo I am told the Carrier can take up to ' business days' before they even contact me to collect the damaged phone. I then have to wait for them to confirm the collection and Lenovo to release my Order, so it seems I could be without a phone for 2 - 3 weeks through no fault of my own and yet Lenovo simply couldn' care less. I think now it is definitely a case of ' AGAIN!'

Hi @CluntEastwood !

I sent you a private message.

Thanks,

- Marta

Options

4 Posts

05-13-2021

9 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-05-28, 14:20 PM

Hello again Marta, I've had my Motorola E7i Power replaced but once again when I try to add my own ringtones I am not able to. I keep getting the same message that I was getting on the original handset. That is the following:

android.process.media keeps stopping

App info

Close app

It still won't let me add my own ringtones. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Harry

Options

54 Posts

02-07-2020

107 Signins

1081 Page Views

• Views: 1081
  • Message 8 of 8

2021-05-28, 14:26 PM

@ CluntEastwood wrote:

Hello again Marta, I' had my Motorola E7i Power replaced but once again when I try to add my own ringtones I am not able to. I keep getting the same message that I was getting on the original handset. That is the following:

android.process.media keeps stopping

App info

Close app

It still won' let me add my own ringtones. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Harry

Hi Harry!

I am sorry to hear that. I can imagine this is rather frustrating for you.

Would you be able to reply to my first private message again with the details I requested? I will try to get an Agent to ring you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

- Marta

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms