Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E Phonesmoto e7 power
All Forum Topics
Options

62 Posts

02-07-2018

Australia

50 Signins

302 Page Views

• Views: 302
  • Message 1 of 7

E7 power - Purpose of small blinking light on top of screen

2021-08-05, 6:55 AM

A new (4 weeks old) E7 power phone now seems to have a small blinking - about the size of a large period mark - light at the top of screen, near the RH corner.

The manual has no reference to such a light - either in the hardware layout, or description.  yet it clearly exists.  And the blinking does get your attention.

This is new - there were 27 app updates applied in the last 2 days, so one of them has done this.

What is the blinking light for???

Options

4293 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1283 Signins

65600 Page Views

• Views: 65600
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:E7 power - Purpose of small blinking light on top of screen

2021-08-05, 7:09 AM

@ Davidk13 wrote:

A new (4 weeks old) E7 power phone now seems to have a small blinking - about the size of a large period mark - light at the top of screen, near the RH corner.

The manual has no reference to such a light - either in the hardware layout, or description.  yet it clearly exists.  And the blinking does get your attention.

This is new - there were 27 app updates applied in the last 2 days, so one of them has done this.

What is the blinking light for???

Hi Davidk13

Welcome to Motorola forums, I will try my best to help you with this. Can you let us know when did this start also please share a snapshot of the same so that we can look at it?

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

62 Posts

02-07-2018

Australia

50 Signins

302 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-08-05, 7:48 AM

Hi Sandip

I took a camera shot of it - not a screenshot - attached.  Marked up with arrow showing light in blink phase and notation. It's only apparent when the screen is blank:  may be there when the screen is lit up with data, but not apparent.

As to when - I updated the phone with 27 updates to apps on the 4th Aug.  The previous updates were on 20 Jul, and it wasn't there after that set of updates.

Options

4293 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1283 Signins

65600 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-08-05, 15:03 PM

@ Davidk13 wrote:

Hi Sandip

I took a camera shot of it - not a screenshot - attached.  Marked up with arrow showing light in blink phase and notation. It's only apparent when the screen is blank:  may be there when the screen is lit up with data, but not apparent.

As to when - I updated the phone with 27 updates to apps on the 4th Aug.  The previous updates were on 20 Jul, and it wasn't there after that set of updates.

Hi, 

Thank you for sharing the picture, could please share with us a video in Screen on mode and Screen off mode Also, can you test in Safe Mode and let me know if it behaves the same? Safe Mode will start the device without third-party applications running. To boot into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe Mode appears. Restart the device to get out of Safe Mode. 

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

62 Posts

02-07-2018

Australia

50 Signins

302 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-08-05, 23:32 PM

Sunitha,

That light has gone out - no longer there when the screen is blank.  Weird.

The phone is left "always on" - it's the wife's and that is the easiest way for her to manage the buttons.  re-charge every few days.

I did note that the battery charge level was between 90-99% whilst the light was noticeable.  It's now 90%, and the light is not there.

So, taking video at the moment isn't realistic to the question.

The light hasn't obviously impacted use of the phone, and when it's off  . . ?  maybe we should just leave this there since I can't give you any video of it's existence.

Options

62 Posts

02-07-2018

Australia

50 Signins

302 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-08-06, 0:08 AM

Sunitha,

The E7 phone does not have a Device help app on it as standard.  is there one available?  Where?  name of app?

Options

4293 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1283 Signins

65600 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-08-06, 7:46 AM

@ Davidk13 wrote:

Sunitha,

The E7 phone does not have a Device help app on it as standard.  is there one available?  Where?  name of app?

Hi, 

There should be a device help app, try to search for help app in settings >> Apps >> All Apps. The light you may be seeing is an indicator of the phone showing that the device needs to charge the LED light is only used as a sign of life (mainly as a charging indicator) Hope this helps.

Regards

Sandip

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms