Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E Phonesmoto e7 power
All Forum Topics
Options

61 Posts

02-07-2018

Australia

49 Signins

297 Page Views

• Views: 297
  • Message 1 of 4

Setting number of call rings before the answer message

2021-07-23, 6:28 AM

Answering a call on the new e7 power is presenting a challenge:  it goes to the answer message before there is time to answer the call.

In a landline phone there is provision to set the number of rings before that happens;  typically 8 maximum (about 8-10 seconds) rings at the usual rate of 1 per second.

I've reviewed the manual on the E7 and can find nothing that allows a call to ring a number of times before the answer message.

Where can I find and adjust that 'number of rings' setting??

Options

695 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

95 Signins

7439 Page Views

• Views: 7439
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Setting number of call rings before the answer message

2021-07-24, 22:39 PM

@ Davidk13 wrote:

Answering a call on the new e7 power is presenting a challenge:  it goes to the answer message before there is time to answer the call.

In a landline phone there is provision to set the number of rings before that happens;  typically 8 maximum (about 8-10 seconds) rings at the usual rate of 1 per second.

I've reviewed the manual on the E7 and can find nothing that allows a call to ring a number of times before the answer message.

Where can I find and adjust that 'number of rings' setting??

Hi @Davidk13 ,

Thanks for writing to us. I understand you wanted to adjust the number of times the phone rings before it connects to your voicemail. The setting is located in your voicemail which is being managed by your carrier. Please contact your carrier for help in changing this setting. For additional details on how you can manage your voicemail, visit https://motorola-global-en-aus.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/146814/p/30%2C10364%2C11093/kw/voicemail. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

61 Posts

02-07-2018

Australia

49 Signins

297 Page Views

• Views: 297
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-07-25, 0:55 AM

Hi Mary,

Thanks.  That works - calling the provider to change etc.

For mobiles, the settings are in time, rather than number of rings.  Default is 15sec (which for wife, with phone buried at bottom of purse/tote bag, is way too short to realise it's a call for her, dig the phone out, wake it up and then answer), and the max is 30 sec.  I've got it set for 30 sec now.  If that's not enough, she will always be calling back!!

Thanks again.

Options

3642 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1237 Signins

58955 Page Views

• Views: 58955
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-07-26, 9:38 AM

@ Davidk13 wrote:

Hi Mary,

Thanks.  That works - calling the provider to change etc.

For mobiles, the settings are in time, rather than number of rings.  Default is 15sec (which for wife, with phone buried at bottom of purse/tote bag, is way too short to realise it's a call for her, dig the phone out, wake it up and then answer), and the max is 30 sec.  I've got it set for 30 sec now.  If that's not enough, she will always be calling back!!

Thanks again.

Hi, 

Thank you for writing us back, hope that helps please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions/concerns.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms