Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E Phonesmoto e7
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

07-23-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

Problem with E7 charging

2021-07-23, 19:55 PM

I bought this E7 back in October of last year. Haven't had a problem with it until a few days ago. The charger that came with the phone started to have issues with charging the phone. It would should the phone charging on AC, sometimes it would say it's charging on USB. A couple of times, it should show it was plugged in but couldn't charge

It stopped working last night.

Using another charger, the phone is is getting power but at a much much slower rate. Right now, it's taken about 2 hours to go from 50% to 62%, and it will take 4.hours to charge to 100%.

Any ideas as to how to handle this? Thinking it could be the charging port, but thought I wouldn't get anything if the port is the issue.

Options

984 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

122 Signins

10005 Page Views

• Views: 10005
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Problem with E7 charging

2021-07-24, 18:30 PM

@ M.A. Bohack wrote:

I bought this E7 back in October of last year. Haven't had a problem with it until a few days ago. The charger that came with the phone started to have issues with charging the phone. It would should the phone charging on AC, sometimes it would say it's charging on USB. A couple of times, it should show it was plugged in but couldn't charge

It stopped working last night.

Using another charger, the phone is is getting power but at a much much slower rate. Right now, it's taken about 2 hours to go from 50% to 62%, and it will take 4.hours to charge to 100%.

Any ideas as to how to handle this? Thinking it could be the charging port, but thought I wouldn't get anything if the port is the issue.

Hi, 

Thanks for writing to us. I will be glad to help you with this. I have a few questions before we start troubleshooting.

1. Did you plug the charger directly to the wall outlet?

2. Is the charging cable fitting snug in the device and into the charger?

3. Have you inspected the charging pin and port for any signs of physical damage, deformities, or debris?

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

07-23-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-07-24, 22:25 PM

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. No damage at the port or charging pin.

Options

3 Posts

07-23-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2021-07-25, 22:22 PM

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. No damage at the port or charging pin. It will charge but still going slowly.The battery is taking 3 hours or more to charge about 40%

Options

984 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

122 Signins

10005 Page Views

• Views: 10005
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-07-28, 16:01 PM

Hi @M.A. Bohack ,

I apologize if I responded to you a bit late. You mentioned about trying a different charger. Is it a charger similar to what came with the phone? If no, do you have a similar charger that you can use? 

I would also like to check on your warranty. May I know when did you purchase the device? Please update your profile as well with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me check the warranty.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms